Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wad your meat...it's the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Wad your meat...it's the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want that poster. I need that framed in my home!

Hopefully they use that for the DVD cover art.
Old 02-16-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
http://spiltpopcorn.blogspot.com/200...-only-feb.html

This is my kind of poster. Talk about classy!
That's epic.
Old 02-17-07, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
No, but it is a documentary. Filmed in real time.
ahhh just like The Highlander. This is going to be good
Old 02-17-07, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I want that poster. I need that framed in my home!

Hopefully they use that for the DVD cover art.
Seriously, I must find that poster!
Old 03-26-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Adult Swim is getting the jump on April Fools Day by advertising the world premiere of the movie on April 1st at 10PM on a.s. They've even put it on their online schedule:

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

I admit I got suckered in before thinking about it.
Old 03-27-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Adult Swim is getting the jump on April Fools Day by advertising the world premiere of the movie on April 1st at 10PM on a.s. They've even put it on their online schedule:

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

I admit I got suckered in before thinking about it.
I was wondering how they could premiere a movie on TV before it is shown in theaters. The ad was just confusing.
Old 03-27-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got suckered in at first, then I realized Sunday is April Fools Day, then I started to think they might actually do it.

But then I realized that last thought was stupid and that of course this is an April Fools joke. Regardless, I'll be watching at 10 PM on Sunday to see what they say (should if nothing else be a funny bump before Futurama starts).
Old 04-02-07, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
So what happened? I missed it. I assumed it was bs.
Old 04-02-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
So what happened? I missed it. I assumed it was bs.
They apparently showed the first couple of minutes full screen, then shrank the movie down to a small corner of the screen and ran it without sound while the normal Adult Swim schedule ran on the rest of the screen.
Old 04-14-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone else see this yet? I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. I would think you'd have to be a fan of the TV show to enjoy the movie. A lot of jokes and supporting characters carry over from the show. The last half of the movie was pretty weak, and there was not real storyline or plot to follow throughout. That is pretty much how the show is though too. Even at 87 minutes, this felt too long. It works better as 10-12 minute episodes. Still, if you're a fan of the TV show, you'll probably enjoy the movie.
Old 04-14-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First half was excellent, but once they got rolling with the central plot, it fell apart. Funny pieces here and there from that point, but nothing to make up for the absurdity of the second half. The show's really fell off in the last year or two, so I guess I wasn't surprised by this. Still a fun movie, though. I wanted more Carl, though.
Old 04-14-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was pretty much what I expected so I enjoyed it a lot. A few laugh-out-loud moments but for the most part it was just an extended episode. The critics who are absolutely lambasting it are obviously not fans...doesn't make a lot of sense to me why an media organization would send a non-fan to what's obviously a very fan-centric film.
Old 04-14-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved it. I can see how most people think it fell part near the end, as even as a fan of the show, I at one point was getting a bit tired of the run-around that the ending presented. But stil, what do you expect? The show is nothing but random gags, with a very loose plot and this movie kept that up.

With that said - Deathmetal gum drops for the win!
Old 04-15-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
I loved it. I can see how most people think it fell part near the end, as even as a fan of the show, I at one point was getting a bit tired of the run-around that the ending presented. But stil, what do you expect? The show is nothing but random gags, with a very loose plot and this movie kept that up.

With that said - Deathmetal gum drops for the win!
Agreed. Saw it Friday and loved it. Some parts not as much as others, but overall very enjoyable. MC Chris' part had me laughing so hard I couldn't breath, as did the very very beginning.

I loved the use of most of the characters and only wanted to see the Foreigner belt added in.

And I hope everyone stuck around after the credits.
Old 04-15-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Had to drive to another county to find a theater showing ATHFCMFFT(where it was showing at two different places just three miles from one another - WTF?) - but the opening sequence alone was worth it. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at anything in my life and even though I never really cared for Mastodon before, they're now the shit as far as I'm concerned. It was everything I could have wanted from an ATHF movie: it was stupid, filled with random cameos and left-field pop culture references(how the hell did they squeeze in that nod to Bob Clark just nine days before the movie opened?), punctuated with outbursts of bloody violence, and had a half-assed plot that went nowhere. There were only twenty other people at a 5:00 showing but we were all definitely into it, clapping and cheering at the end.
Old 04-15-07, 01:42 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I went in expecting very little, but I loved it. Best opening in the history of cinema.
Old 04-15-07, 02:53 PM

Glad to see other people enjoyed it. I am gonna try and go see it again before I have to go back to work.
Old 04-15-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried to see it this afternoon since I had the day off from work, but the sound wasn't working. Picture, absolutely NO SOUND. There were no managers to be found, so I just walked out. I had already seen Grindhouse earlier, so I was pretty much ready to just go home rather than try to find another theater showing it. I might try to go see it this coming week some evening, or Saturday morning....I know it's not getting stellar reviews, but I really would like to see this on the big screen.
Old 04-16-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have to agree with some others that the intro might be the funniest thing I have ever seen in a theater. On the whole my wife and I were both a little disappointed. We thought it was pretty good, but there were some parts that were slow (especially toward the end). I think maybe we got so pumped about it that we were expecting too much from it. There is some really funny stuff. Oh, be sure to wait till the credits are over as there is a scene after the credits - one of the more interesting ones in the movie.
Old 04-16-07, 11:45 AM

Someone tell me in spoilers what happened after the ending credits. Looks like I won't be able to check out another showing of it.

Thanks
Old 04-16-07, 07:50 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Spoiler:
You see the robot of christmas past from the future humping the exercise machine, and then Frylock, now with giant tits, make-up, and a girl's wig, comes out and says something to the effect of "Honey, are you coming to bed?"

It really loses something in translation. The visual is the gag.
Old 04-16-07, 08:05 PM

The first five minutes were classic...then it went down hill. There were a handful of good jokes after that, but it proves that most TV shows can't sustain a feature length running time.
Old 04-17-07, 02:41 AM

For the first 10 minutes, I couldn't stop laughing. It hurt alot. I couldn't breathe. I never got the chance.
Old 04-17-07, 02:52 PM

Anyone know who painted the movie poster? It looks like the work of Boris (especially the giant lizards), but I can't detect his trademark signature anywhere on it. I'm wondering if it's really his work or someone imitating his style.
Old 04-17-07, 04:00 PM

Julie Bell and Boris Vallejo.

(Source.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.