Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-man 4 (2011) - News, Rumors, Cast, Etc

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-man 4 (2011) - News, Rumors, Cast, Etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Wait, that interview was a spoiler because it reveals that MJ doesn't die in SM3?
I'm still holding out hope.

If it was three more films and that's it, I'd say go for a new cast all around... but if Spidey continues as a James Bond type franchise, (more than six films) it'd be nice to get another one with the same crew.(I wouldn't hold out hope for them considering a fifth) I suspect this is what the big wigs will be discussing in a few wks... taking into account how much S3 is making, what the budgets should be, possible story ideas, etc.

Last edited by Artman; 04-28-07 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-28-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carnage for the main villain, Lizard and Vulture for secondaries.
Old 04-28-07, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ivelostr2
I'd love a Kraven story with a dark tone.
I would love to see a movie adaption of Kraven's Last Hunt.
Old 04-28-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
THAT would rock..

Of course, they'd probably find a way to fuck it up and try to claim it "didn't translate well"...
Old 04-28-07, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by taffer
I would love to see a movie adaption of Kraven's Last Hunt.

yeah, i couldnt remember the title of the story line, butthat is the one...
Old 04-29-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
They can't do Carnage. To go Carnage right, he's got to maim, dismember - and gruesomely kill a lot of people. It would be a gore-fest, and that ain't gonna happen in a "family friendly," PG-13 Spider Man movie.

Now, a Spidey movie with Carnage as the heavy - if done like Carnage's first appearance in the comics - would make for one hell of a great movie. They just couldn't market it. It would cost $200+ Million to make but take in a lot less than that at the box office. Parents who didn't know the history of Carnage would create a huge backlash against Sony and Marvel. It could get ugly.

So, with Carnage out (and if they do a watered down Carnage that's worse than no Carnage at all)...

...I'd go with The Lizard. Make it a bit more suspenseful, and focus on the one villain (like the first movie), and create a situation where Peter knows that it's Doc Connors and he can't hurt the Lizard too badly otherwise he hurts the Doc - making it his toughest fight to date since he has to hold back.
Old 04-29-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love a Venom spin-off movie. Maybe then they could do Carnage right without hurting the kid-friendly Spiderman franchise.
Old 04-29-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Lizard makes the most sense to me. Not a big fan of Kraven, so I wouldn't care to see him in a sequel.
Old 04-30-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
For me i would love to see Kraven, but i would also like to see Scorpion. They could use JJJ more in ths tory using the same story as was in the comics where JJJ used the Scorpion to hunt and kill Spiderman. Scorpion eventually goes after JJJ and Spiderman has to stop him. Add Kraven into the mix and i think it would be excellent. There was also the issue i remember reading as a kid where the Vulture was in prison and one of his buddies gets his hands on his costume. Kraven hunts down the new Vulture and its a three way battle at the end. Really cool story. I am one of those people that prefers the old school villains like Electro, Mysterio, Sandman, Hydroman etc. than the new guys like Venom and Carnage.
Old 04-30-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
One more for Chabon.
Old 05-03-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Carnage STINKS, the worst Spider-Man villain of the last 20 years easily, a pathetic "Halloween" knock off of Venom and his debut was right around when I stopped reading Spider-Man for several years. Venom in SP3 was enough "darkness" for me. The movies don't need some bloody serial killer symbiote running around... I'd rather see Mysterio or Electro perhaps. The "old school" villains are so great, they've lasted nearly 40 years, and still have some mileage in 'em.

I guess they can't use Kingpin because he was in "Daredevil," but something like the Kingpin and Electro as his muscle (like in an early "Ultimate Spider-Man" story) would be great, I think. But I also think they should only make SP4 if Raimi, Maguire et al return (not that it'll stop the studio from seeking money, but my two cents).
Old 05-03-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
The villians should be the Lizard and Electro. Also, they should start to tie some of these movie series together. Maybe have Pete take pictures of the Fantastic Four or something.
Old 05-04-07, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by B5Erik
...I'd go with The Lizard. Make it a bit more suspenseful, and focus on the one villain (like the first movie), and create a situation where Peter knows that it's Doc Connors and he can't hurt the Lizard too badly otherwise he hurts the Doc - making it his toughest fight to date since he has to hold back.
Except that they already did that in the first two films...

Why does every Spidey villain end up being a doctor/scientist who is the victim of his own experiment gone wrong?
Old 05-05-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spider-Man 4 news already- - -

According to Freezedriedmovies.com:

When Spider-Man 3 was being prepped Sam Raimi and Columbia Pictures tried to hold the announcement of Venom for as long as they possibly could... confirming the news just before Comic Con in July of 2006. But here we are, the day Spider-Man 3 hits theaters, and your good pal here has the skinny on who you will see in Spider-Man 4 - with or without Sam Raimi (hater of all things symbiotic).

Before I hit you with the news, let me make it clear that we got this news from a 100% reliable source working on the film. He's the one who told us Venom was the villain in Spidey 3 and nobody believed us. So here you have it, the biggest announcement of 2008... NOW!

Our regular scooper tells FreezeDriedMovies that plans are underway for Spider-Man 4, which were (obviously) set up in the third film. In the third entry, Dr. Curt Connors (played by Dylan Baker) looks at a piece of symbiote with Peter Parker. The movie then travels along it's path without another mention of that "piece" of symbiote. This is the set up for Spider-Man 4 where that small piece of alien symbiote becomes CARNAGE. Yes Cletus Kasady is coming to the big screen, one of Spider-Man most horrifying and evil villains. Not only with Parker have to deal with the red lean mean killing machine, but Connors is set to become the long awaited LIZARD! these two villains have all been CONFIRMED for Spider-Man 4. There is talk of the Black Cat making her first appearance, but that's all but official.

So there you have it. Spider-Man, The Lizard, Carnage... and hopefully NO Sam Raimi. Avi Arad, please find someone who CARES what the fans think!

I'm defiantely cool with Lizard, and I love Carnage, but with Venom being gimped, hopefully Carnage will be more menacing...

I don't like the Black Cat idea.

I personally would love to see Mysterio.

All with a grain of salt....I imagine....
Old 05-05-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I don't believe Carnage will appear in part 4. He fucking sucks.

There are much better old-school villains they should use ahead of Carnage. Is Sony just going to up the budget by $50 million each time? Is part 4 gonna cost $300 million, and then $350 million for part 5, and so on?
Old 05-05-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who knows and good question. There has to be a way that can manage the budget for these films. If they treat "Spider-Man" like "Bond" films, this franchise will succeed.

I personally love the serial killing Carnage.

But Mysterio, Kraven, LIZARD, Vulture or even Shocker seem more than willing to kick ass. Spiderman does have a good rogues gallery, espcially if the screenwriters look for something cool to explore with each villian, instead of making them just a 'big bad'.

I thought Mysterio would be great since all the Spidey is great NYC had going on in "3", they make a movie and Myseterio would come up or something.

JJ to hire Kraven to take a hit out on Spidey. There's a lot to still do without running out of ideas or villains. Black Cat could replace MJ too.
Old 05-05-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would go crazy for a Rhino appearance as well.

Leaving out Venom/Carnage and the like would have kept this series a little more grounded. Now, with Venom thrown in via $ony Corporate, the series is getting a little "out there", in an X-Files kind of way.

I have a feeling they'll get Brett Ratner, or another hack for part 4 and just throw something together. Even though, from what I've read, a similar feeling is felt with part 3. But I don't think Raimi had much choice to include Venom with the execs breathing down his neck.
Old 05-05-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
There are much better old-school villains they should use ahead of Carnage. Is Sony just going to up the budget by $50 million each time? Is part 4 gonna cost $300 million, and then $350 million for part 5, and so on?
Current rumor is actually that production budget was $300m and with advertising SM3 cost $500m. $250 is the cheapo, fake, studio estimate. I mean, it's probably not $500m but it's probably way closer to that than it is to $250m.
Old 05-05-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Okay, I don't believe Carnage will appear in part 4. He fucking sucks.
I will second that announcement with an AY-MEN!!!
Old 05-05-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Yeah, these films are suddenly turning into LOTR epics... when they should be 2hrs w/ 1 or 2 villains. Too much excessive spending...
Old 05-05-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The way to do it really should have been to have Lizard in this installment (or just Sandman & New Goblin), then set up part 4 to have Venom and Carnage. Those 2 together in one Spidey film would be tits. I always loved the dichotomy going on between those three.
Old 05-05-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i wish they did carnage and venom in one film. Hope they dont wreck him like they did with venom
Old 05-05-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 251 Likes on 186 Posts
The only good Carnage story was the original three issue story arch. Maybe they could do Maximum Carnage as a three week long mini series on ABC.
Old 05-05-07, 05:39 PM
Banned

I would love to see Carnage in Spidey-4...
I think he could look amazing visually on screen....Hopefully halfway through part IV Carnage kills MJ and Peter hooks up with the much more interesting and beautiful Ursala played by Mageina Tovah...
I think they have already played out the whole MJ and Peter story and think he needs a change in the romance department...Black Cat is also an interesting choice buit once again that would risk adding too much to one film/story...But then again it could also work well if done right...
Old 05-05-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Carnage would be great, except i'd want to see Cassidy/Carnage be brutal, which I don't think Sony would even think about putting out there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.