Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

DUMBEST horror movie moments?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for the dumbest moments in horror films. They don't have to be big films either. They can be either actions that characters make, leaps in logic, horrible plot twists, odd dialogue that makes no sense, etc...

As examples: In Friday the 13th part 2, a girl is looking for a guy in a wheelchair...She looks for him UPSTAIRS, calling his name (he can't go up there, dur) and she gets murdered up there.

In Part 7, a girl gets all dressed up to impress a guy at a party, and she goes looking for him IN THE WOODS outside the house that the party is in. For absolutely no reason whatsoever. She knows he is at the party, but she walks into the woods and starts calling his name. Pretty funny.

Also, Troll 2 has some winning moments as well.

Anyway, those are just examples, you might have much better ones than I do. So, list away! Any film, big budget, low budget, well known or completely obscure.
Old 12-27-06, 09:56 AM
Banned

Not really a leap in logic, but one of the dumbest (and funniest) scenes I can think of right now: The part in Leprechaun in Space where the space marines blow up the leprechaun and the one guy pisses on the corpse, allowing the leprechaun to possess his dick.

WTF?

I just realized that my first two posts today involve pissing.

Last edited by Kudama; 12-27-06 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-27-06, 10:47 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, how about the one where people kept giving money hand-over-fist to make THE BLAIR WITCH BLAHJECT a mega-hit?
Old 12-27-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Oh, how about the one where people kept giving money hand-over-fist to make THE BLAIR WITCH BLAHJECT a mega-hit?
Hype-at-the-time and simlarity to The Last Broadcast aside, The Blair Witch Project was an interesting film. Deserving of the accolades and box office gross?

You were close though. The dumbest horror movie moment is when someone said, "Let's make a sequel to it."
Old 12-27-06, 11:59 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by The Bus
The Blair Witch Project was an interesting film.
Mmm, maybe the credits...maybe...if I was drunk...
Old 12-27-06, 01:26 PM

Late period Hammer film The Satanic Rites of Dracula has two of the dumbest vampire death scenes ever. First, a bunch of lady vamps get killed when the sprinkler system goes off, as running water supposedly kills vampires. The mighty Dracula is then destroyed because he runs into a thorn bush. I could probably killed a vampire from that movie with a sharpened pencil.
Old 12-27-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any Stalk-n-Slash flick where the would-be victim knocks the killer out cold or thinks that the killer is dead and then walks away. Dude, that guy just murdered 18 people, make sure he's dead!
Old 12-27-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. Where do you start? Seriously, where would horror movies be without really stupid moments?
Old 12-27-06, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Any Stalk-n-Slash flick where the would-be victim knocks the killer out cold or thinks that the killer is dead and then walks away. Dude, that guy just murdered 18 people, make sure he's dead!

that's one thing i liked in Jeepers Creepers 2, at the end that guy just beats the shit out of him after knocking him down.
Old 12-27-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Friday the 13th: Jason takes Manhattan was on TV regularly and there were quite a few dumb moments in that. Why didnt they just get in a cab and drive away. Instead they just walked down the street and Jason kept finding them in a crowded city. No one said anything or did anything.
Old 12-27-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What about in Friday the 13th Part IV...

"He's killing me! He's killing me!" or something to that effect.

What murder victim says that? It should've been..."mrgls slurp, ahahhahha!"
Old 12-27-06, 04:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
(he can't go up there, dur)
you don't get a lot of "dur" these days. too bad, it's a word that hadn't peaked yet.
Old 12-30-06, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Of course then you end up with a scene where the victim walks sloooowly up to the killer, who suddenly opens his eyes, sits up, pulls out the blade (or whatever) and the chase is back on.

Remember kids. If you manage to knock the killer down, take the nearest blunt object and quick as you can pummel him into a bloody puddle before you even think of walking away.
Old 12-31-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
In Brides of Dracula Peter Cushing (Van helsing ) kills the lead vampire by jumping on to the blades of a windmill to make a shadow of a cross on the ground there by killing the vampire who is standing on the ground. I love this movie one of my all time favorites but the ending is less to be desired.
Old 01-10-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pillowhead

LOL. I love that part. It makes me laugh everytime.

But your quote isn't any better. Who in there right mind would make death sounds and laugh at the very end?
Old 01-13-07, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Friday the 13th: Jason takes Manhattan was on TV regularly and there were quite a few dumb moments in that. Why didnt they just get in a cab and drive away. Instead they just walked down the street and Jason kept finding them in a crowded city. No one said anything or did anything.
The dumbest moment was that more than half the movie didn't even take place in Manhattan! Dumb started with the title.
Old 01-15-07, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And right after that, the girl goes back down into the basement, where she knows Jason is.
Old 01-15-07, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Hell of the living dead. A SWAT guy puts on a tutu and does a little song and dance number before getting eaten by the zombies...he even puts his gun down to pick up a cane. Great movie with a great WTF moment.
Old 01-15-07, 09:15 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I think the DUMBEST horror movie moment was Hostel.
Old 01-16-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dogmatica
I think the DUMBEST horror movie moment was Hostel.
I can't believe you said, without even seeing that I told someone I was going to post that exact same thing.
Old 01-16-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that there was a moment in "Pieces" where a cop is talking to a forensics expert. The cop gestures to a heap of chopped up body parts, produces a bloody chainsaw and asks something like "could this chainsaw have been responsible for that?"

Last edited by Peep; 01-16-07 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-17-07, 11:13 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by The Monkees
I can't believe you said, without even seeing that I told someone I was going to post that exact same thing.
You're my new best friend.
Old 01-26-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dawn of the Dead - 1978 version
Spoiler:
During the final zombie siege in the mall, the biker with the sombrero sticks his arm in the blood pressure machine. Why would you immobilize yourself with 100 zombies closing in on you?
Old 02-01-07, 10:48 PM

The director said this scene came from something he read in a newspaper where a guy was being murdered and actually yelled this to get people to notice and help him.
Old 02-04-07, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He also was yelling "Please stop killing me...please!", which is actually very sad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.