Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

After Dark Films' presents 8 Films To Die For (Nov. 17-19)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

After Dark Films' presents 8 Films To Die For (Nov. 17-19)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by BloodEagle
I can't even get that far. I go to the website and it just keeps telling me that the box office and, any other relevent information which might help us make these people money, is "coming soon." I spoke with an agent at one of the theatres the films will be showing at here in San Diego and was told that tickets were to go on sale Friday, November 13th but for individual showings only. The all-access pass needs to be bought directly from the host/distributor. I've seen posting of the passes supposedly going on sale last Friday - 10/27/06. The website says today - 10/31/06. I agree - what the hell's the deal here? I hope these films are better than the support provided on the website!

Oh, and for those wondering about prices - be prepared to shell out $75 for the three day run.
Thanks for the info. IF I go, looks like I'll hit the AMC24 since it's closest. $75 is way too steep unless they pony up some extra shit. It just seems like they're doing their best NOT to make this successful.
Old 10-31-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha, if it's $75 then there's no way in hell that I'll check it out.
Old 10-31-06, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. I was planning on going all three days at the AMC24 but with a serious lack of information and a ticket price like $75 - I'm not so sure anymore. For probably eighty bones you could pick them all up on DVD when they are released and sit back and enjoy them in front of your own big screen without spening $17.65 on a large popcorn, drink and Red Vines.

Although I WOULD like to see it on the BIG screen, in a theatre full of potentially terrified, jumpy screaming females - I'm not sure I wanna shell out the dough. It could be worth a laugh though at the very least...

I read somewhere this morning that the all-access pass for $75 also gets you into after-parties and free merch like hats and t-shirts - crap like that. I wouldn't bet on the freebies and I would hate to think about trying to get information on an after-party (if there even are any) after trying to track down simple ticket information.
Old 11-01-06, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, they've added Anderson, SC to the list. If I can get tickets to a show or two I'll check them out, but no to the $75 deal.
Old 11-02-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475298/

#9? Look on the 'showtimes' page

Last edited by natevines; 11-02-06 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-08-06, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
They are now listing that encore presentations of fan favorites will occur on the 20th & 21st - still nothing on the tickets, though.
Old 11-08-06, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I went to the AMC website for the 17th and the local AMC theater listed 3 of the movies (Dark Ride, Rinne, Unrest) with odd play times. One showing had tickets available and the prices looked like the usual prices . They're probably still working things out.
Old 11-08-06, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you check out their website, they list showtimes and dates. Looks like the 9th film is indeed Snoop Dog's Hood of Horror.
Old 11-10-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, I clicked "Pre-order tickets" and instead of an email address, I see they put this up:

Advance ticketing for the films of “After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films to Die For” will take place on a theater-by-theater basis. Tickets will be available for individual shows. Pricing will vary slightly by theater (but will be theaters' standard ticket pricing). Please check back for theater listings, showtimes and links to purchase tickets, as they become available. (Over the course of the next few days.)

If you would like to be on a mailing list to receive updates on ticketing, please send an email to horrorfest @ liquidadvertising.com and include the words "mailing list" in your subject heading.
Old 11-11-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
What a let down. It seems more like a badly run marketing gimmick than a horrorfest.
Old 11-12-06, 02:53 PM

That site and it's webmaster sucks balls. No returned emails in regards to the all-access pass or any other info I requested. $9.50 per show at my local AMC24 is nuts. They need individual trailers to help pick & choose what films you really want to see now and what you want to wait for to release on DVD.
Old 11-14-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There are individual trailers up on the site now for all but one of the films.
Old 11-16-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They finally have their forum up. Also when you click "events" it talks about parties for those that buy tickets to all 8 movies. Unfortunately, it's limited to LA and NY only.

Bastards...
Old 11-17-06, 02:09 PM

I live in VT and a theatre has listings for it. Hopefully the paper is accurate.
Old 11-17-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
I fear, that even if they make these seem like the kind of movies that go where other Horror movies are afraid to go, they'll still end up being "ho hum" by the time the credits role. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-17-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not really happy with the fact that they're charging normal prices for movies that weren't having regular releases to begin with. This would've been a golden time to charge half-price to generate interest in movies that might've been otherwise missed.

This whole thing started out sounding pretty cool but my interest dwindled as info trickled out.
Old 11-17-06, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I'm not really happy with the fact that they're charging normal prices for movies that weren't having regular releases to begin with. This would've been a golden time to charge half-price to generate interest in movies that might've been otherwise missed.

This whole thing started out sounding pretty cool but my interest dwindled as info trickled out.

same here I was very excited about this especially since it was playing in places where "festivals" dont usually go to. However I think now I am just going to wait the four months for the inevitable 8 movie DVD release.
Old 11-17-06, 09:05 PM

I guess I completely misunderstood what this was all about. I half expected 8 short films rather than a faux-festival. Oops. Saw Redemption. It was meh.
Old 11-19-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by yecul
I live in VT and a theatre has listings for it. Hopefully the paper is accurate.
The Roxy, right? A friend of mine went to see the Abandoned (which he RAVED about) and Penny Dreadful yesterday afternoon -- I had to work all day.
Old 11-20-06, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So how are these? I missed them and my friend saw Hamiltons and claimed it sucked.
But yeah, I'm not shelling out that much money considering I know next to nothing of these films and what I've heard hasn't been great.
Old 11-20-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw Dark Ride with my cousin, and it was very "meh". The two main stars are Jamie-Lynn DiScala (Meadow Soprano) and Patrick Renna (the red-headed kid from The Sandlot and The Big Green), and that kept me from totally getting into it. I kept expecting Tony Soprano to come in and save the day, and for the red-headed guy to start playing baseball or soccer. It's nothing against them, but they really didn't do much to make you think of them as new characters in the movie.

Anyway, it was a lot funnier than it was scary. The worst thing about the movie is that I guessed the ending right away, instantly. While I don't think this movie is this bad, one guy in the theater yelled out "well that movie was a piece of shit" the very second that it ended. Not great, not a piece of shit (in my opinion), but not even close to being anything special.

I think most casual filmgoers went to see these flicks thinking that they really were going to see something special, something controversial, but instead they were given a bunch of movies that should've just been direct-to-DVD.

I only saw this one movie, but I think that it's safe to say that this was the most over-hyped "event" having to do with movies in a long, long time.
Old 11-21-06, 12:16 PM

I am going to see it :-)
Old 11-21-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These were 8 films that weren't good enough to be released on their own. They were released in this "Horror Fest" in order to try to make a little money.
Old 12-15-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Fangoria is saying that The Abandoned is getting it's own theatrical release (or re-release, if you care to look at it that way) in late January if anyone wanted to see it and wasn't able to.

I'm sort of bummed by this because now it means I've got to wait longer for the DVD.
Old 12-19-06, 02:11 PM

What fucked up half assed marketing and over priced as well. I'll wait for DVD to rent them.. especially since most reviews sound like these are straight to videos anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.