Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Uwe Boll to make BloodRayne 2

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-04-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link

Someone, for the love of every video game ever made into a movie, PLEASE stop Uwe Boll. We mean physically stop the guy. Find out where he's shooting, go out there, and take the camera away from him. Be sure to destroy any writing utensils or anything he might use to draw with as well.

Why? Because he's recently announced that he's making BloodRayne 2. That's right, a sequel to what people have been calling one of the worst films of the past few years. Don't forget, Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith came out in the last few years and so did Aeon Flux, Elektra, Son of the Mask, and The Pacifier.

The movie, like the first one, will no doubt have nothing to do with the game, but will have everything to do with sucking. That's despite the presence of Kristanna Loken, who really needs to take Uwe's number out of her cell phone.
Rotten Tomatoes rating of BloodRayne - 5%
Domestic Box office revenue - $2,405,420
Production Budget - $25,000,000

Why?
Old 10-04-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why is Star Wars Episode III included with Son of Mask and The Pacifier??
Old 10-04-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
Yeah, I wondered that too...
Old 10-04-06, 03:32 PM

oh for the love of Pete!
Old 10-04-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Forget Pete...

For the love of humanity!
Old 10-04-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't Bloodrayne make bank in the foreign market? Add in dvd sales and you got a nice little profit.
Old 10-04-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow just wow. And movie companys complain about loosing money to piracy... They probably loose more to bad directors.
Old 10-04-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why not? He's already proven that his movies are, in fact, awesome by beating up all of his critics. I look forward to more of his wonderful films!
Old 10-04-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't say I've ever seen one of his movies but reading his name makes me think of Ebola (the virus).
Old 10-04-06, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man...what is with this guy? I'll never understand.
Old 10-04-06, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Didn't Bloodrayne make bank in the foreign market? Add in dvd sales and you got a nice little profit.
According to boxofficemojo

Domestic: $2,405,420 67.0%
+ Foreign: $1,186,560 33.0%
= Worldwide: $3,591,980
Old 10-04-06, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

no. no it didn't. You still have a huge negative profit. But Uwe is insane and as long as some morons give him money to fund his stupidity I'm sure he'll continue to make bomb after bomb.
Old 10-04-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jam Master Jay
Because they're all embarassingly bad movies.

= J
Old 10-04-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
no. no it didn't. You still have a huge negative profit. But Uwe is insane and as long as some morons give him money to fund his stupidity I'm sure he'll continue to make bomb after bomb.
I love how Uwe gets easy financing yet George Romero seems to always be searching for a money hook up to make his movies.
Old 10-04-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Because they're all embarassingly bad movies.

= J
Except for the fact that Episode III wasn't even close to "embarassingly bad"...
Old 10-04-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The way the system is set up in Germany is that an investor can pour money into a movie and if it loses money, that investment can be written off. I thought I read somewhere that the particular loophole had been closed. Maybe not.
Old 10-05-06, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd never heard of the film, or the infamous director. On the Tuesday it was released Hastings had a huge section of the rental wall devoted to it, and it was pretty-well rented for a couple of weeks. Never seen it, can't comment.

Too many bad things have been said of the guy here...if I do piss away the 90 minutes, I'll have no one to blame but myself.
Old 10-05-06, 12:40 AM
Banned by request

Maybe this time Uwe will be smart and make Kristanna Lokken be nude for every single scene in the film.
Old 10-05-06, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If that were the case I'd be first in line for Bloodrayne 2!
Old 10-05-06, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
The way the system is set up in Germany is that an investor can pour money into a movie and if it loses money, that investment can be written off. I thought I read somewhere that the particular loophole had been closed. Maybe not.
From Wikipedia:
In the DVD commentary of Alone in the Dark, Boll explains how he funds his films:

"Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the Government."

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.
The article goes on to say that others, not Boll, were exploiting a loophole in the law that only required a German company to own the rights to the film. so basically shell companies were set up while sending most of the money out of Germany. The law was amended in Jan '06, but I don't know if that cut off Bow's money too.
Old 10-05-06, 04:48 AM
Banned by request

It could be the law was only to stop the shell companies that were taking the money out of Germany. Could be if he keeps making the movies in Germany itself, he gets the benefits.

So now I wonder if Uwe Boll is purposely making these movies awful so they lose money. Maybe we should all go see his films 18 times so they start showing a profit and all those investors drop Boll.
Old 10-05-06, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's very sad to me that $25 million that could be given to a Wes Anderson or a Christopher Nolan or a George Clooney or a Joss Whedon to make wonderful, challenging, emotionally resonant films about interesting things is instead being given to a man to allow him to artistically sh*t himself. I hope Boll is purposely making bad films in order to kamikazi at the box office because the alternative is almost too depressing to fathom.
Old 10-05-06, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Except for the fact that Episode III wasn't even close to "embarassingly bad"...
Come now, are you suggesting it's even worse? I think "embarassingly bad" is far enough, no need to waste time badmouthing it further...

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
So now I wonder if Uwe Boll is purposely making these movies awful so they lose money.
Indeed. Boll is both his own Max Bialystock and his own wacky german playwright.
Old 10-05-06, 12:57 PM
Banned by request

Old 10-07-06, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Come now, are you suggesting it's even worse?
I think he's suggesting anyone who thinks Episode III is embarrassingly bad is an utter dumbsh*t! A sentiment many happen to agree with. Certainly doesn't deserve to be placed along complete and utter tripe like Aeon Flux and Uwe Boll movies. Jar-Jar jerking off is masterpiece theater compared to that crap. But Star Wars is an easy target. If someone slams it, they usually get the attention they so desperately need. Which was his objective with the pointless jab. Besides, prequel bashing is so 1999. It's not original or cool.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.