DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Killshot (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/476624-killshot.html)

Tarantino 05-26-09 11:12 AM

Re: Killshot

Is there a 120 minute version for you?

= J

riotinmyskull 05-27-09 04:49 PM

just got done watching it. all i have to say is the weinsteins are FUCKING RETARDED. this movie was better than well over half the shit that gets wide releases in theaters. the whole cast was excellent but joseph gordon-levitt stole the show. no johnny knoxville and yes rosario dawson WAS in the film but no nudity. it dragged a little in the middle but the ending was solid. i give it a 7/10.

DVDMagic 05-28-09 09:40 AM

Watched this last night and was pretty impressed with it. I remember seeing the trailer for this a long time ago and have had it in my Netflix Queue ever since.

JGL did a good job. It took me a little while to get into his character, but he pulled it off. I thought that the rest of the cast was pretty stellar too.

However, for me the trailer I saw somehow seems different to the movie. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe because it had Johnny Knoxville in it?

chris_sc77 05-28-09 10:26 AM

I liked it quite a bit also. However It did fell incomplete and it was obvious there was at least a good 20-30 minutes cut out of the movie.
I hope we get a extended version someday.

Torchur317 05-28-09 11:52 AM

Bought this today....

Torchur317 05-28-09 01:51 PM

I loved it, way too good to be basically direct to dvd....
Rourke & JGL were top notch in this....
Anyone notice that QT took his name off this film for being a producer....

Tarantino 05-28-09 03:31 PM

I thought it was pretty standard fare. Not worth owning, but worth a watch if you're into the crime genre or Elmore Leonard books.

= J

Torchur317 05-28-09 04:01 PM

I thought it was one of Rourke's best roles/characters ever....

Tarantino 05-29-09 12:39 AM

It wasn't much of an acting stretch. Really, if you played some lines from this side by side with the Wrestler, I wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

The <i>character</i> was fine, but the acting was nothing special.

= J

dino88 05-29-09 01:08 AM

I have to agree w/ Tarantino. I was very underwhelmed by the film. It started out promising, but then just switched to killing for killing's sake while tossing the story aside.

I'm wondering if they held off on the release for Mickey's Oscar run. I have a feeling this movie may have done more bad than good.

MoviePhanatic00 05-29-09 08:33 AM

I have been waiting for an eternity for this to hit DVD. Big Tom Jane fan here and I was not disappointed. I not have the highest expectations for the film, but I exepcted something in the realm of a History of Violence. I enjoyed it, but def not a film for everyone.

movieking 05-30-09 02:35 PM

I was really disappointed in this movie. With the Elmore Leonard source material, I had high hopes, but I found this to be a pretty boring movie.

JAYARE 09-20-09 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 9471197)
Anyone notice that QT took his name off this film for being a producer....

thats what they were advertising the movie with. then once it kept getting pushed back no QT and no knoxville. was lame that there were no special features on the dvd and i would bet that there will never be another realese.