Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Step Up'

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

DVD Talk review of 'Step Up'

Old 08-23-06, 01:29 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Talk review of 'Step Up'

I read Brian Orndorf's DVD review of Step Up at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23172 and i think this guys knows nuthing from the world of movies.Ok buddy as if you could doo any better than channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan? I think not! In my opinionn this movie had inspired young teens to get off their troubled asssess and doo soemthing with their lives even if it means dancingg..if that kinda inspiration can get this generation of teens away from guns and violence thenn who caress if the acting wasnt the best you have seen in a movie? Well obviouslyy uu don't have any kids, or at least kids that are in their teen years yet..well maybe next time you bashh a movie You'll think about more than jus the acting..how about trying the meaning of the movie for one in your life?
Old 08-23-06, 02:51 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 21,856
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Smart_Ass
Ok buddy as if you could doo any better than channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan? I think not!
The weakest possible response to criticism. I can't cook worth a damn, but that doesn't mean I should tolerate a rancid steak from a restaurant.

-Adam, setting himself up to be flamed on this guy's MySpace blog
Old 08-23-06, 04:16 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 5,200
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smart_Ass
I read Brian Orndorf's DVD review of Step Up at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23172 and i think this guys knows nuthing from the world of movies.Ok buddy as if you could doo any better than channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan? I think not! In my opinionn this movie had inspired young teens to get off their troubled asssess and doo soemthing with their lives even if it means dancingg..if that kinda inspiration can get this generation of teens away from guns and violence thenn who caress if the acting wasnt the best you have seen in a movie? Well obviouslyy uu don't have any kids, or at least kids that are in their teen years yet..well maybe next time you bashh a movie You'll think about more than jus the acting..how about trying the meaning of the movie for one in your life?
Apparently, you slept through English class.
Old 08-23-06, 04:41 PM
  #4  
Video Game Talk Editor
 
Flay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Westchester, Los Angeles
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smart_Ass
i red Brrian Orndorff's DVVD revieww of Steep Up at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23172 and i think this guys knows nuthing from the world of movies.Ok buddy as if you could doo any better than channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan? I think not! In my opinionn this movie had inspired young teens to get off their troubled asssess and doo soemthing with their lives even if it means dancingg..if that kinda inspiration can get this generation of teens away from guns and violence thenn who caress if the acting wasnt the best you have seen in a movie? Well obviouslyy uu don't have any kids, or at least kids that are in their teen years yet..well maybe next time you bashh a movie You'll think about more than jus the acting..how about trying the meaning of the movie for one in your life?
Noticed some inconsistency in your grammar, so I fixed it for you.

Last edited by Flay; 08-23-06 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-23-06, 04:56 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 17,064
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I was going to join a gang and kill someone. Thankfully, this movie steered me in the right direction. Thanks, "Step Up"!
Old 08-23-06, 04:59 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to dance!
Old 08-23-06, 06:58 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
onebyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,049
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked the movie a lot because cheesey dance movies are a passion of mine. I love them. If they aren't someone's thing, there is no way they are going to like this movie. There's some movies critics just aren't going to like. Life goes on.

I also think Jenna was great in the role. I like her a lot and hope she gets more projects. This movie did really well, so she should.
Old 08-24-06, 05:36 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: On the penis chair
Posts: 5,169
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jenna Dewan




Umm... what's the movie all about again?
Old 08-24-06, 12:25 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
FantasticVSDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: No longer trapped
Posts: 11,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I was going to join a gang and kill someone. Thankfully, this movie steered me in the right direction. Thanks, "Step Up"!
Unfortunatly I was too late and now doing 25 to life at Rikers...
Old 08-24-06, 08:25 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 643
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this with some friends & we enjoyed (women in their early 20s). We thought the lead was hot. We actually wanted to go dancing when it was over but ended up just drinking & taking funny pics instead.
Old 08-24-06, 08:42 PM
  #11  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Unfortunatly I was too late and now doing 25 to life at Rikers...
Ah, yes, I heard they had installed an internet cafe at Rikers. Nice to know you can get DVDTalk. Bet they won't let you look at the Adult Forum, or the How To Escape From Prison Forum.

As for the OP, his name is Smart Ass, he's a new member, and he's criticizing a Brian Orndorf review. I think it's a joke. If it's not, well, he's got bigger problems than someone's review of Step Up.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.