Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Grudge 2 trailer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Grudge 2 trailer

http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-grud.../22359/trailer
Old 08-03-06, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

looks cool. I wonder why the trailer contains such a huge spoiler? Not that it is a big shock....but still...
Old 08-03-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
looks cool. I wonder why the trailer contains such a huge spoiler? Not that it is a big shock....but still...
I know! That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion...

Spoiler:
I didn't know how long Gellar was gonna be in the movie, but I would've appreciated it if they hadn't spoiled it in the freaking trailer that she was for sure going to die. I'm guessing she doesn't last long.

At any rate, I think the movie looks good, but it also kind of has that same ol' same ol' feel. Is anything gonna be new? Or is it just gonna be The Grudge put on repeat mode?
Old 08-04-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I know! That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion...

Spoiler:
I didn't know how long Gellar was gonna be in the movie, but I would've appreciated it if they hadn't spoiled it in the freaking trailer that she was for sure going to die. I'm guessing she doesn't last long.

At any rate, I think the movie looks good, but it also kind of has that same ol' same ol' feel. Is anything gonna be new? Or is it just gonna be The Grudge put on repeat mode?
Spoiler:
Not really a spoiler if you've seen any of the movies (the 4 japanese and the remake). EVERYONE who has been in the house dies - NO exceptions!
Old 08-04-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gunde
Spoiler:
Not really a spoiler if you've seen any of the movies (the 4 japanese and the remake). EVERYONE who has been in the house dies - NO exceptions!
Spoiler:
You are correct about everyone dying. I'm not upset SMG's Karen gets the axe...just don't show it in the trailer.
Old 08-05-06, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I thought the first one was just okay but I may watch the sequel because Amber Tamblyn is in it.
Old 08-06-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amber Tamblyn seems to like J-horror between this and The Ring.

Interesting how
Spoiler:
Amber and Sarah have switched roles in a way. In The Ring, Amber was the semi-big name actress to get offed first a la Drew Barrymore-in-Scream and now Sarah gets to play that role.
Old 08-06-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked the first film,so I will probably give this a chance. The original actually gave me the creeps which hasn't happened with a horror film for years for myself!
Old 08-06-06, 11:08 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Decent trailer...will check it out.

Spoiler:
Did SMG pass on a bigger role in this sequel in favor of her other horror flick also coming out soon (The Return)?
Old 08-07-06, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I doubt it,since it's pretty obvious she's ummmm...you know...at the end of the original film
Old 08-22-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Test screening review....

http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=24225
Old 08-23-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
As October 13th approaches, The Grudge 2 is still being worked on and after a recent test screening in California, the crew is heading to Chicago for reshoots of their own, Dread Central reports. Star Amber Tamblyn tells DC, "Yeah, I heard it is going to go through a complete re-edit, and there were also major issues with the ending I guess. I'm leaving for Chicago in two weeks to do some re-shoots on it."

The sequel delves into the secrets behind the grudge's wrath and introduces a seemingly unrelated host of new characters who find themselves connected by the curse.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7043
A few minutes of new footage has drastic effects on horror flicks, who knows how that'll turn out.
Old 08-23-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JumpCutz
"I know it was a free movie and all but I left wishing I had spent the last two hours of my life getting a root canal."

eek
Old 08-23-06, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This first movie has been nearly wiped from my mind. I did see it and don't even remember the ending.
Old 10-14-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Grudge 2 was a pretty poor followup to The Grudge. Amber Tamlyn sleep-walks through the film, and it never becomes all that engaging because it's so poorly set up and relies too much on the spooky little blue kid and the spooky female for its scares on repeated basis to the point of parody. Its ending doesn't salvage an uninspired effort for its sequel.

I give it 1.75 stars, or a grudge of C-.