Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Comic Con 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
What? You mean you don't want to grill Singer at the WB panel for post-Superman Returns Q&A?
Ya gotta give Singer props for doing this. It's a brave man to show up in a room with 5,000 people, knowing 1,000 would want to chase him from Hall H to aisle 100 clamoring for his head on a stick
Old 07-11-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
Ya gotta give Singer props for doing this. It's a brave man to show up in a room with 5,000 people, knowing 1,000 would want to chase him from Hall H to aisle 100 clamoring for his head on a stick
Cuz it's safer than Ratner showing up for a post-X3 Q&A! Tho I will be interested to see (if WB would allow such a question) what Singer's thoughts are on X3 and where his direction would have taken them instead of what Kindberg and Penn gave us.
Old 07-11-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devilshalo
What? You mean you don't want to grill Singer at the WB panel for post-Superman Returns Q&A?

yeah, that panel should be pretty interesting to see the reaction from some and the potential to ask about future superman films.
Old 07-12-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you check the Thur-Sun schedules, there have been updates and additions. As you scroll down each page, they're marked so it's easy to note the changes.
Old 07-16-06, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COMIC-CON! Been goin' since 82, baby! It's so close I can smell it! Oh wait, I forgot to shower today...nevermind.

Oh, anyway, tis gonna RAWK!

Any plans for those of us attending to get together? (Y/N)
Old 07-16-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A little too far for me to drive but i will be going to:

http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTor...Comic_Home.asp
Old 07-16-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mraor
Any plans for those of us attending to get together? (Y/N)
It would be cool to do if people would show up. The main problem is a lot of people don't go every day. At the very least, most show up on Saturday but that's the worst day to meet up.

But for those going for the full 4-days, I'd say Thursday or Sunday would be a good day to meet up. Maybe over by the Freebie Table.
Old 07-17-06, 02:49 PM
Banned

I'm there. Hopin' to score another Christopher Moeller original.
Old 07-17-06, 02:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
wasn't there some sort of announcement of the Extended DVD cut (and the theatrical rerelease in 3D form) of King Kong announced at Comic Con?
Old 07-17-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giles
wasn't there some sort of announcement of the Extended DVD cut (and the theatrical rerelease in 3D form) of King Kong announced at Comic Con?
Friday, July 21
4:00-4:15 Universal Home Video: King Kong Deluxe Extended DVD— A sneak peek from the upcoming King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition DVD will be introduced by a message from director Peter Jackson. Hall H
Old 07-17-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't look like I'll be missing much.
Old 07-17-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
So what's the word on how many pre-regs there ar this year tom?
Old 07-17-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
So what's the word on how many pre-regs there ar this year tom?
My inside contact isn't working there this year so I haven't asked her. She still gets memos and stuff so I'll see if she's heard anything about this year's numbers.

Of course, we'll get a good idea day after tomorrow.They've been advertising it on TV and radio down here.... as if we need more people roaming the floor

Oh, speaking of roaming the floor... they updated the site on Sunday and they have a pdf of "Around the Booths". Interesting stuff for signings and giveaways.

Last edited by TomOpus; 07-17-06 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Am I correct in assuming that it's next to impossible to catch a Nick Cage or Samuel L. Jackson for a signature after their panel?
Old 07-17-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You would really have to ignore the panel altogether and just set up camp at the signing booth area to really get one of the top names of those panels.
Old 07-17-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm really excited about the adult swim signings at the booth this year. I'm really going to have to check those out.
Old 07-17-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Am I correct in assuming that it's next to impossible to catch a Nick Cage or Samuel L. Jackson for a signature after their panel?
You would really have to ignore the panel altogether and just set up camp at the signing booth area to really get one of the top names of those panels.
What Jack said. It takes a lot of luck to be in the right place at the right time. Sometimes they'll set up the signing in the autograph area while the panel is going... and that's only if the the artist wants to sign.

I talked to one of the lucky ones last year. She was in the long-ass line for Hall H and someone started to hand out wristbands. They had a special room set up upstairs above Hall H. I can't remember who it was for, though.
Old 07-17-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Kudama
I'm there. Hopin' to score another Christopher Moeller original.
Wow, how much did that set you back if you don't mind saying? Chris Moeller is incredible. His work on the Lucifer covers was mind-blowing.

I'm leaving Wednesday for Comic-Con and will be there throughout Sunday, filming segments with beautiful people. I have 15 minutes alone in a quiet room with Sammy Jackson, which will probably be one of the most surreal moments I shall ever enjoy (after which will come death).
Old 07-17-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Local area folks, what are the best places to eat, drink and generally hang around in the gaslamp area. I've never really got this part down to an art unlike most of the rest of the con stuff and always end up going to hooters or TGIF or something. So best pubs and general eating places?

also, best thing to remember is... Ralphs on G street in Downtown. It's the best place for a quality lunch at a good price. That is if you can pull yourself from the con.
Old 07-17-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've never been but have heard good things about The Field . It's about the most authentic Irish Pub outside of Ireland. The pub was shipped from Ireland and the owner hires people straight from their homeland.

Kansas City Barbeque is the site of the infamous San Diego Otter Meet '03. It's only 1 or 2 trolley stops from the Convention Center, plus they filmed Top Gun there. Great balls of fire!

Dick's Last Resort can be fun as long as you remember that the waitresses have attitude. It could be a lot of fun or you'll get pissed off.

Or you can check out The Gaslamp Quarter's website for lists of restaurants and stuff because I'm not much help

Where's DarkElf when you need him?
Old 07-18-06, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Did the Kansas BBQ last year. That was fairly interesting to have the whole Top Gun milking for the past 20 years. Dick's last resort sounds like something I may do as I've passed it by so many years already. The Gaslamp site is what I was looking at but I generally wanted a first hand word of mouth on what is actually worth going to for eats.
Old 07-18-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I don't check out the Gaslamp as much as I used to. Some places I've been are closed or it's been years since I've been to so not sure how they are now.

There is a Hard Rock Cafe so I'd assume it would be similar to all the others.

Where's RandyC when you need him?
Old 07-18-06, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BJacks
Wow, how much did that set you back if you don't mind saying? Chris Moeller is incredible. His work on the Lucifer covers was mind-blowing.
It isn’t as spectacular as one of his covers, but I love it still. It’s basically a 12” X 9” (or so) shot of Batman from the chest up wearing what I thought was a pack, but it’s a seatbelt in the comic. The background is plain white, cleaned up here and there with acrylic or liquid paper. It’s from JLA Cold Steel. If you have those comics (I forget which of the two it’s in) it’s a scene where they’re in their spacecraft/jet and there’s an alarm going off. Inserted into the white background is the goofy sound effect “WHOOP” “WHOOP”

It sure gave me a charge when I saw a painting I had bought from one of my favorite artists nestled humbly in one of his books.

He gave it to me for $180.00. It’s better than a gem to me. (Some of the ones I was really, reeeaaaally drooling over were upwards around $4000.00.)

I motherf*ckin’ can’t believe you get to motherf*ckin’ meet Sam Jackson!!!!
Old 07-18-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is anyone going to try and hit up the Monster House 3D screening? I was gonna try for tomorrow night at 10pm.
Old 07-18-06, 04:27 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the Kansas BBQ last year. That was fairly interesting to have the whole Top Gun milking for the past 20 years. Dick's last resort sounds like something I may do as I've passed it by so many years already. The Gaslamp site is what I was looking at but I generally wanted a first hand word of mouth on what is actually worth going to for eats.
DId you also forget that i took over an hour to get our bbq...This year as for thngs to do does anyone know of any good strip clubs out there?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.