Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Worst movie in a Quadrilogy?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Worst movie to end a quadrilogy?
Alien Resurrection
7.81%
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
9.38%
Batman and Robin
55.47%
Lethal Weapon 4
0%
The Next Karate Kid
8.59%
Rambo IV
0%
Jaws: The Revenge
18.75%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Worst movie in a Quadrilogy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B&R except for Uma.
Old 06-22-06, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whoopdido
Wow. I can't believe Jaws 4 hasn't gotten more votes. Forget about the fact that the plot is so unbelievably laughable, but unless I'm mistaken none of the other choices actually re use footage from the 1st movie of the series and not in a prequel or retelling of the story type of way. I mean Jaws 3 was bad, but Jaws 4 made Jaws 3 look like Jaws 1.

Thank you. No matter how bad Batman & Robin was, there is no way it was crappier than Jaws 4. That pile had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Old 06-22-06, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of these movies i haven't seen (Jaws 4, which makes my lucky) but out of ones i have seen "Batman & Robin".

"Alien Resurrection" looks like high art compared to B&R.

And it wouldn't be a talk about B&R without a Hooper X quote:

"They made your movie into a 90 minute gay joke, its like watching 'Batman % Robin' all over again!"
Old 06-22-06, 06:53 PM
Banned

I didn't vote, because they all suck (except Alien Rez, which isn't nearly as bad as everyone says!).
Old 06-22-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i can't believe i own batman and robin. but the extras are facinating (the movie was planned as a big toy commercial!) if you've ever heard kevin smith talk about his expiereince on a new superman script, you'd wonder what the hell these studio execs were smoking (the giant spider always gets a big laugh out of me)
Old 06-22-06, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
unless I'm mistaken none of the other choices actually re use footage from the 1st movie of the series and not in a prequel or retelling of the story type of way.
Didn't they have Mrs. Brody have flashbacks from Jaws 1 for events where she wasn't even present?
Old 06-22-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Although it's gone beyond "Quadrilogy" status, I have to say:

the MOST DISAPPOINTED I was after watching a Part IV was:

ROCKY IV

Stallone should've taken a note from Babe Ruth and retired on a high note.
Really? i dont think its a great film but it blows away all the movies in this poll
Old 06-22-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Rocky IV 's soundtrack alone brings it to mediocre at least.
Old 06-22-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like only 1 movie from that list and it is Alien:Resurrection. Worst:Jaws:Revenge. Batman & Robin is HORRIBLE but I have to admit I have alot of fun making fun of it,and quoting the horrrible one-liners.
Old 06-22-06, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
I'm guessing not that many folks actually saw Jaws: The Revenge.

I'm amazed it is not winning by a landslide!
Old 06-22-06, 09:15 PM

ALien Ressurection. I actually enjoy the campiness of B&R. I mean the movie is pure crap though.
Old 06-22-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wd40cloud
I actually enjoy the campiness of B&R. I mean the movie is pure crap though.
Same here. Batman and Robin is awful, but at least its so awful that its funny. I actually dislike Batman Forever more, having gone in with such expectations after Batman and Batman Returns. Schumacher turned Burton's gothic drama into a lame Jim Carrey movie that wasn't particularly well designed, acted, or scripted and no one seemed to be having fun other than Carrey. At least the cast of B&R seemed to be having fun with the overt campiness, especially Uma, and simply ran with it. Forever felt completely lifeless to me with the completely dead portrayal of Batman by Kilmer.
Old 06-22-06, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Didn't they have Mrs. Brody have flashbacks from Jaws 1 for events where she wasn't even present?
I think that's a common mistake. I assume you're talking about when Martin Brody and his kid are making faces at each other. She was actually standing in the doorway watching their little game. However, Jaws 4 shows the exact same scene as Jaws 1, which was from Martin's and the kid's perspective, so obviously Mrs. Brody would have seen it from another angle, so in a way you're right. There is no way Mrs. Brody could have witnessed what was shown in Jaws 4 because she would have seen it from another angle. Other than that the shark's death scene in Jaws 4 was just re used footage from the death scene in the original movie. In any event, it's probably the worst movie i've ever seen in my entire life, but I haven't seen any Uwe Boll movies, so who knows.
Old 06-22-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Wow. I can't believe Jaws 4 hasn't gotten more votes. Forget about the fact that the plot is so unbelievably laughable, but unless I'm mistaken none of the other choices actually re use footage from the 1st movie of the series and not in a prequel or retelling of the story type of way. I mean Jaws 3 was bad, but Jaws 4 made Jaws 3 look like Jaws 1.
Yeah, as craptacular as B & R is, it's easily topped (bottomed?) by Jaws 4.
Old 06-22-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starry
I hated Alien Resurrection but Batman and Robin wins hands down. I can't believe I wasted time watching that piece of shit.
I actually PAID to see this piece of shit in the theater....90 minutes of my life I'll NEVER get back!!!111!!!1
Old 06-23-06, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
OT, but that reminds me of The Hills Have Eyes Part II where a dog has a flashback.
Old 06-23-06, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, Rambo IV was a joke...

anyway, i'd say the worst movie is Batman and Robin. while Batman Forever was horrible, there was still some way to salvage the franchise with a better movie.
Old 06-23-06, 07:21 PM

BATMAN & ROBIN gets my vote, and I'm a comic book geek who loves Batman above and beyond all other heroes!

I'd be interested to see a poll that showed age ranges for those you enjoy/despise ALIEN REZ. I agree with Zombiezilla that's it underrated, but that may just be because I like the fact he has red on him.

Seriously people, did you watch the restored version?

Jaws 4 you can at least sit through when it comes on USA on a rainy Saturday.
Old 06-23-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
No "All of the Above" = No Sale

Ok, had to go with B/R
Old 06-24-06, 07:02 PM
Banned

ALIEN 4 had a ending like there was another movie on the way while the other movies didn't leave with a feeling like the story is not over yet.
The shlocky movie on the poll is SUPERMAN 4 because of the bad fx.
Old 06-24-06, 11:43 PM

I love "Alien: Resurrection." I love every enry in the Alien franchise. The third and fourth installments took time to grow on me, but I've become quite fond of them.
With that said I voted for "Batman and Robin" mostly due to how frustrating it was. Such a huge franchise that started to sink with part three but then alarmingly crashed and burned with part four. With "Jaws" I feel that the fourth installment was horrible and laughable (and probably worse than "Batman and Robin"), but I expected so with a third sequel to a movie about a killer shark.