Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Repetitive topics, getting out of hand?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone else here tired of repetitive discussions about the same topics here on the movie forum? it seems pretty well unique to this forum. Even on the videogame forum they are very rare (though they still pop up now and then: e.g. "best videogame ever?"). On the political forum there's always something new going on, although we might have seen it before, context is more important in that case and usually lends itself to better discussions. I'm only mentioning this because i've seen so many topics pop up and the first reply is usually "search for this" or "haven't we already beaten this horse dead?". Granted, it's nice for people to stimulate discussion, but honestly, isn't there something new you can come up with?
Old 06-22-06, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Instead of complaining, why don't you come up with something new and original yourself. Honestly, this is a great place to discuss things like this and new people are still coming to this site for the great information and great discussions about dvds, games, and other topics.

There are a bunch of other websites out there for you. Go visit them instead but don't complain here, it's just plain rude.
Old 06-22-06, 06:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you jiggawhat!
Old 06-22-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Superboy
Is anyone else here tired of repetitive discussions about the same topics here on the movie forum?
Like this one?

Personally, doesn't bother me at all. I can read a thread title and know if I want to dig deeper. Plus, I'd rather read a fresh "favorite this or that" thread than sift through an old one that is 30 pages long and goes back three years....
Old 06-22-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
I hear what your saying, but it's the internet, and that is just the way it is. Nobody can see anyone's face, so anyone can post anything, say anything, and keep talking about the same shit over and over. Good or bad, that is what the internet is.
Old 06-22-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As long as we don't have a "Favorite Movie EVER" thread every week, I don't mind.
Otherwise, the front page of the forum will be half-filled with three year-old resurrected threads.
Old 06-22-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems like every other thread I read, the seventh message is just someone complaining about something, without adding any useful content.

Old 06-22-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
They've always been like this. Every three months, someone starts a "worst movie of all time" thread, or a "Batman vs. Batman Returns" thread. Just the way it is.
Old 06-22-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
I love it when the 9th post always mentions the 7th post.
Old 06-22-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would be nice if there were some actual movie discussions instead of the "which is movie is better" threads and the ones discussing box office totals.
Old 06-22-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It would be nice if things were awesome.

Guess: