Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Does Jon Stewart hate Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 01:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Jon hate Jennifer for some reason? He was pretty mean to her, basically making fun of her in a not so funny way the whole time. He basically called her a money whore for being in Garfield.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is such a sweetheart(judging by what I've seen). I don't know why anyone would want to be so mean to her.

heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81SQe...20daily%20show

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think he just said, what most of us were thinking. But he can't do that, that often, or else he'd never have any guests.
Old 06-17-06, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just saw it as him as joking around. I didn't see him being mean at all. Plus, girls like the asshole guy.
Old 06-17-06, 02:12 AM
Banned

edit
Old 06-17-06, 02:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I just saw it as him as joking around. I didn't see him being mean at all. Plus, girls like the asshole guy.
well...I don't think jennifer really found the joke so funny when hes basically ripping apart her movie which she came on the show to promote.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by William Wallace
well...I don't think jennifer really found the joke so funny when hes basically ripping apart her movie which she came on the show to promote.
That is just a judgement you are making based on how you think she felt. I think she knows she's not doing the best work by being in a Garfield movie, and he's just giving her some shit for it. He does it all the time with people. I didn't see at all that she was truly hurt at all by his comments. I think the better question is, why are you so concerned with how Jennifer Love Hewitt is treated and feels?
Old 06-17-06, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Am I the only one who notices that this clip is actually from the junket for the first movie, two years ago? Why is this all of a sudden an issue? I think the statute of limitations concerning how Jon Stewart treats Jennifer Love Hewitt ended about...five minutes after the show originally aired.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 06-17-06 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Am I the only one who notices that this clip is actually from the junket for the first movie, two years ago? Why is this all of a sudden an issue?
That's what I was wondering as well. Was she on recently again for the sequel?
Old 06-17-06, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
That's what I was wondering as well. Was she on recently again for the sequel?
If she was, it probably would have been a lot worse, considering how [cough]well[/cough] the first movie was received by the public.
Old 06-17-06, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I checked The Daily Show site, and didn't see her listed in the last few weeks. So is the OP really getting worked up over a 2 year old video? I'm sure, if she was really offended by his comments, she's probably over it by now.
Old 06-17-06, 03:08 AM
Banned

That is just a judgement you are making based on how you think she felt.
I never said otherwise. I'm just interpreting this the way I see it.

I think she knows she's not doing the best work by being in a Garfield movie, and he's just giving her some shit for it. He does it all the time with people.
And that is your judgment based on how you think she felt.

why are you so concerned with how Jennifer Love Hewitt is treated and feels?
Maybe I'm a fan of hers. Maybe I like Garfield. Maybe I just don't like seeing ppl being made fun of. Maybe I'm just bored and have nothing better to do. Who knows.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 03:11 AM
Banned

I guess this video is really old. I didn't realize Garfield came out 2 years ago.

Oh well, I just saw this video today, guess I'm 2 years late.
Old 06-17-06, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe I'm a fan of hers. Maybe I like Garfield. Maybe I just don't like seeing ppl being made fun of. Maybe I'm just bored and have nothing better to do. Who knows.
Is all of the above an option?
Old 06-17-06, 03:36 AM
Banned

Is all of the above an option?
I guess I deserved that one. I made it way too easy for you.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
wow.. this thread is just.. wow.. creepy to say the least.

first off, the daily show is a satire show. Folks going on it know what to expect. This isn't leno. If you want a ass kissing promotional spot for your push of whatever product you have go on that. Jon has been pretty straight and forward with a lot of guest.

seems that whatever obsession you have towards Jennifer Love is just really making whatever defense you think she needs here sound creepy.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 06-17-06 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 04:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
wow.. this thread is just.. wow.. creepy to say the least.

first off, the daily show is a satire show. Folks going on it know what to expect. This isn't leno. If you want a ass kissing promotional spot for your push of whatever product you have go on that. Jon has been pretty straight and forward with a lot of guest.
I don't watch Jon Stewart every night so I don't know exactly how he treats every guest. If this is normal on the Daily Show, it must be an entertaining watch. On the comments section of that youtube.com link, I definitely did not get that impression from most of the comments.

seems that whatever obsession you have towards Jennifer Love is just really making whatever defense you think she needs here sound creepy.
Nice try, but your comment makes absolutely no sense since I was only making a comment on Jon Stewart's behavior, and I wasn't asking for Jennifer Love Hewitt's address. Next time you wanna try to be a smart ass don't forget about the smart part.

and by the way, I have never ever seen a Jennifer Love Hewitt movie. I was watching Punk'd clips on youtube. I came across the "Jennifer gets Punk'd clip", which had a link to the Jennifer on the Daily Show clip. Thats how I came across this video.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe he's scanning the youtube trying to see if there's any JLH appearances for the new Garfield movie (which for all we know, this person loves). He comes across this for the first time, watches it and finds and issue he wants to share, which technically is relevant because the new movie is coming out. He mentions that she's sweet( hardly obsessive) and just trys to start a bit of conversation. Then people start ripping him to shreds making him sound like some creepy fan. As far as I'm concerned, that's worse than thread crapping.
Old 06-17-06, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I don't watch Jon Stewart every night so I don't know exactly how he treats every guest.
But you are aware of the basic concept of the show, right? Fake news and all, right? He is telling jokes. You have seen the taped segments, correct? It doesn't have to be something you see every guest to know. He treats many with great respect. When those deserve a good ripping.. in this case, JLH doing Garfield: The Movie, then he does make fun of them.

and by the way, I have never ever seen a Jennifer Love Hewitt movie.
So the million dollar question.. why even make a thread about this issue? If it's a television question since the daily show is a television show, then wouldn't it go in TV Talk?

Now a bigger question.. OP, you don't know why someone would be "so mean" to someone else and you're looking for punk'd segments on youtube? I've seen the show a couple of times and the last thing I could describe what happens to the folks on punk'd is that they are being treated "nicely"

Now why would ashton want to treat celebs like that? I guess the answer to that is because his show is set in that format. Now I think you got the answer to why Jon was so mean to JLH.. she was on a fake comedy news show promoting a film that the general masses found easy to mock.

Oh yeah, before you edit this out

Nice try, but your comment makes absolutely no sense since I was only making a comment on Jon Stewart's behavior, and I wasn't asking for Jennifer Love Hewitt's address. Next time you wanna try to be a smart ass don't forget about the smart part.
Good one. And you wonder why folks think you're getting too defensive about JLH? Look a thow you respond to folks in pushing the personal statements. Did I say you were some creep? No, but the whole thread is just very very very strange.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 06-17-06 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 04:51 AM
Banned

Thanks freshticles. It means a lot to know that others can recognize when posters are acting plain rude or condescending. I see it way too often here at dvdtalk. What good are all these "no flaming, no swearing" rules when all the posters can so easily demean others with such smart ass replies?
Old 06-17-06, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks freshticles. It means a lot to know that others can recognize when posters are acting plain rude or condescending. I see it way too often here at dvdtalk. What good are all these "no flaming, no swearing" rules when all the posters can so easily demean others with such smart ass replies?

well, you did edit it out but "No, but Don't post in my thread is an option" wasn't rude and only esclating the situation into a further bad position?

Makes me wonder what you actually edited out of that first "edit" response. Plain and simply, this thread is a bit odd considering that the clip is two years old as others pointed out. Some may get the wrong idea and since you are a bit defensive on just about anything and everything anyone says, I can see why one would believe that.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 06-17-06 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 05:08 AM
Banned

So the million dollar question.. why even make a thread about this issue? If it's a television question since the daily show is a television show, then wouldn't it go in TV Talk?
Give me a break. I only pointed out that I haven't seen one of her movies to show you that no, I am not an obsessive fan of hers.

I'm not some hardcore Jennifer fan, and yet I made a thread about her. Does that sound so odd to you?

Now a bigger question.. OP, you don't know why someone would be "so mean" to someone else and you're looking for punk'd segments on youtube? I've seen the show a couple of times and the last thing I could describe what happens to the folks on punk'd is that they are being treated "nicely"
Your logic here is so screwed up I don't even know where to begin.

I watch Punk'd. I find some of the pranks hilarious. Don't try to overanalyze this and make a connection between this and the Jon Stewart thing.

You're saying that since I disapprove of the way JLH was treated by Jon Stewart, that I also should disapprove of the pranks pulled on Punk'd?

Yeah, because pranks are just the cruellest thing known to man

Now why would ashton want to treat celebs like that?
They're pranks for god's sake. You're just grasping at straws now. I saw the punk'd clip of Jennifer Love Hewitt, but you don't see me having any issues with that one.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 05:21 AM
Banned

well, you did edit it out but "No, but Don't post in my thread is an option" wasn't rude and only esclating the situation into a further bad position?
I'll tell you what might escalate this into a further bad position - you trying to bring up some comment that was already edited out of a post.

Obviously you know that I edited it out for a reason -because I decided that the reply needed more tact. I know that you know this, because you would have to be pretty dense not to. What I want to know is, why try to bring it up again?

Makes me wonder what you actually edited out of that first "edit" response.
Doesn't matter. The final post is the one I intend for others to read, period.

Plain and simply, this thread is a bit odd considering that the clip is two years old as others pointed out.
Once again, I saw this clip for the first time today, and did not know how old it was. I made this clear already, don't know why you bring this up again.

since you are a bit defensive on just about anything and everything anyone says
Examples? I've been surprisingly restrained(until you showed up) considering the behavior of others in this thread, especially yours. I'm usually really short tempered.

Good one. And you wonder why folks think you're getting too defensive about JLH? Look a thow you respond to folks in pushing the personal statements.
Sorry, that was directed at you and you only. I was not nearly as defensive towards others as I was to you, and rightfully so.

Don't try to relate yourself to the others in this thread. You are in a class of your own as far as rudeness goes here.

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-17-06, 05:27 AM
Banned

double post

Last edited by William Wallace; 06-17-06 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-17-06, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Give me a break. I only pointed out that I haven't seen one of her movies to show you that no, I am not an obsessive fan of hers.
So then, why the need to get an answer as to if Jon holds any hate for her in the means of making an entire thread of it?

I watch Punk'd. I find some of the pranks hilarious. Don't try to overanalyze this and make a connection between this and the Jon Stewart thing.
Who's overanalyzing anything. It's pretty simple really. Much like if I like reading, thus I must like books since books are for reading.

You were looking for punk'd clips because you like seeing people mocked/pranked. So you take it as all in good fun sort of ribbing on each other. Yet you question a comedy fake news show on being to harsh on someone when they are in a film that just screams to be mocked?

You're saying that since I disapprove of the way JLH was treated by Jon Stewart, that I also should disapprove of the pranks pulled on Punk'd?

Yeah, because pranks are just the cruellest thing known to man
I can say that some of the things I've seen on punk'd may be funny to me but are most of all cruel to the person who they are happening to. It's a bit odd that someone who sees punk'd as "good natured jokes" can miss the point on a FAKE NEWS PROGRAM THAT IS NOTHING BUT SATIRE!

This one is the real mind boggling one
Maybe I just don't like seeing ppl being made fun of.
and yet you like seeing pranks pulled on people.. yeah.. Cause Ashton never makes fun of anyone...
Old 06-17-06, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Doesn't matter. The final post is the one I intend for others to read, period.
That's like calling your boss an asshole under your breath and when he asks you to repeat yourself you say "oh.. nothing" Make sure you know what you are saying and stand behind those statements. It looks like you're just trying to get out of taking any responsiblity as to why the flame wars continue.

Examples? I've been surprisingly restrained(until you showed up) considering the behavior of others in this thread, especially yours. I'm usually really short tempered.
Usually? You still are short tempered as seen by your tons of editing our statements. You jumped to the assumption that I called you creepy when I clearly ment that the thread was pretty creepy.

Sorry, that was directed at you and you only. I was not nearly as defensive towards others as I was to you, and rightfully so.
Actually, you were. Only difference is you like to edit out your comments.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.