Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Campbell Scott appreciation thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger Dodger, Secret Lives of Dentists, Spanish Prisoner, Campbell Scott is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, although I don't see him ever becoming a household name. Anyone else really like this guy?
Old 06-13-06, 09:38 AM

Actually, I was just thinking that the other day. I DVRed The Sheltering Sky just because he was in it. I also liked his role in Big Night. Plus, don't forget Singles.

Did anyone see Lush? Was it any good?
Old 06-13-06, 10:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Solid director too. Recently watched Off the Map - which he directed in 2003.
Old 06-13-06, 02:49 PM

I think he was in Dying Young too. I really liked him in Roger Dodger, Singles, and The Spanish Prisoner. He was pretty unlikeable in The Exorcism of Emily Rose too, which is how his character was meant to be I'd say. I've always felt he was an underrated actor.

Last edited by Tenacious D; 06-13-06 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-13-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Yeah, he's someone I go out of my way to catch in movies. "Singles" is a pure stone-cold classic – "Work. Work is the key here."

Also really loved him in "Rodger Dodger," and the "Secret Lives of Dentists," both movies that I might not have liked without his presence. I really need to see "The Spanish Prisoner" again, it's been years since I checked that out.

He bring a nice "realism" to his portrayals I think, never feels stagey like some actors do.
Old 06-13-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Check out his Hamlet if you're into classical works. Available on DVD, with Blair Brown as Gertrude. Originally filmed for the Hallmark Channel in 2000. It's one of my favorite versions.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243951/
Old 06-13-06, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Yeah, he's someone I go out of my way to catch in movies. "Singles" is a pure stone-cold classic – "Work. Work is the key here."

Also really loved him in "Rodger Dodger," and the "Secret Lives of Dentists," both movies that I might not have liked without his presence. I really need to see "The Spanish Prisoner" again, it's been years since I checked that out.

He bring a nice "realism" to his portrayals I think, never feels stagey like some actors do.
I also loved "Singles", I tolerated "Secret Lives of Dentists" although I he was great. I just added "Rodger Dodger" to my list.
Old 06-14-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who?