Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Saw 3

Old 04-07-06, 12:43 AM

Saw 3

For those of you who saw (and enjoyed?) "Saw" and "Saw 2", you may be pleased to know that there is going to be a "Saw 3".

But, really, who didn't see that coming?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0489270/

It will apparently open in theatres on October 27.
Old 04-07-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/saw3.php

Last edited by MartinBlank; 04-07-06 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-07-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw Saw and I saw Saw 2 too and I would see Saw 3.
Old 04-07-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Nice. That's almost poetry.
Old 04-07-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Of course there is going to be a Saw 3! We knew that before the 2nd one opened, but of course, the opening weekend solidified those plans. I'll be checking it out, hopefully they can keep the formula fresh...otherwise, threads around here are going to be filled with that "beating a dead horse" smilie.

MATT
Old 04-07-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Eh, say what you want about Saw (and I know there are a lot of Saw haters around) but at least they have a plot. It might not be for everybody, but after The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel, I'll take Saw anyday.
Old 04-07-06, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bravesmg
Eh, say what you want about Saw (and I know there are a lot of Saw haters around) but at least they have a plot. It might not be for everybody, but after The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel, I'll take Saw anyday.
I'm in complete agreement. Can't wait for Saw 3.
Old 04-07-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Im glad Tobin, Shawnee, and Walberg are all returning as well as the director and original writers! Bring on the blood.
Old 04-07-06, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bravesmg
I liked Saw 2 a lot more than the first outing, but I'd argue that Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes actually have plots. Hell, Hostel's plot actually rises above most recent horror films including the Saw films.
Old 04-07-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
You're a poet and didn't even know it.

Saw 3
Old 04-07-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked Saw 2 a lot more than the first outing, but I'd argue that Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes actually have plots. Hell, Hostel's plot actually rises above most recent horror films including the Saw films.
While I disagree about Saw 2 (I thought Saw 1 was a much, much better movie), I'd agree that Hostel has plot, it's done in a casual manner and dictated through character actions but is definitely still there and fairly decent in its own right. Still really want to see The Hills Have Eyes.

Also, I'm game for Saw 3. 2 was a huge disappointment, but there were hints of future potential in it.
Old 04-07-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah this is one I'll be there on opening weekend for.

If they wanted to make it really frightening, they could give the victims the choice of sawing off their own limbs or sitting through a showing of Hostel. That would be tough.
Old 04-07-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Hostel is a tougher call for me because I intensely disliked it, and personally I didn't think there was much of a plot, but I certainly wouldn't argue with those that did like it. I really wanted to enjoy Hostel but I'm on the other side of the polarizing line, it just wasn't my kind of movie. I'm a little more strict about The Hills Have Eyes not having anything even close to a plot. I actually enjoyed it more than Hostel because it was more visceral and urgent, but it was just people being chased once the action got started (hope I'm not spoiling anything for anybody ). I think a better adjective for me is that the Saw movies are engaging, I'm actually interested in how the plot unfolds, not necessarily who lives and dies. As long as they keep it creative and keep the main players involved (which I read an above post regarding the key people sticking around, which is awesome), I think it's going to be a great modern horror franchise, which I really can't think of another.
Old 04-07-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Im pretty sure there will be as many Saw's as there are people who keep making it a big hit...
Old 04-07-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm looking forward to this.
Old 04-07-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I enjoyed the original film which is far superior to the sequel. Everyone seems to like the sequel since they just want more body count,gore and sadism. But without any of the heart that the original had. It just felt empty and bland and nowhere nearly as enjoyable as the original film.

So I hope for Saw 3,they try to improve it with everything that made the original film so involving. Or if not,at least make it an over the top insanely entertaining shockfest that pulls no punches.

I love a good gruesome horror film as much as the next person(I greatly enjoyed Hostel..which does have a good plot and keeps you interested in the proceedings..and The Hills Have Eyes). But Saw 2 just didn't do much of anything for me. It had some decent moments. But overall left me cold,not into the storyline at all or anything.
Old 04-08-06, 02:27 AM
Banned

i, to, am looking forward to it.
Old 04-09-06, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll definately check it out, just as I have the others, by renting it. So far, I've enjoyed the movies, but not enough to shell out $9 a ticket to see them.