Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What plots are you sick and tired of?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What plots are you sick and tired of?

Old 04-02-06, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I of all the exhausted plots out there I'm most tired of the schizophrenia one.

The first time it's clever the second time it's unsatisfying.
Old 04-02-06, 01:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
It's cool, don't get down on yourself...just try harder next time.

-JP
thanks for the tip!
Old 04-02-06, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I'm getting tired of the small group of soldiers who must save an entire village/platoon/country etc. ie: The Great Raid, SPR, Tears of the Sun
Just for the record, "The Great Raid" was a true story, as told in the books "Ghost Soldiers" (excellent book) and "The Great Raid" (haven't read that one).
Old 04-02-06, 01:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Just for the record, "The Great Raid" was a true story, as told in the books "Ghost Soldiers" (excellent book) and "The Great Raid" (haven't read that one).
good call. i loved the great raid, but i normally like movies based on true stories.
Old 04-02-06, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chase3001
I hate romantic comedies that have the guy initially tell a lie (or keep something from the girl), and you know the girl will eventually find it out. Once she does, she leaves him, only to fall back completely in love with the guy once he says some cliched statement professing his love to her.

Blah, blah, blah...
Romantic comedies, and love stories are basically chick flicks. Average male viewers has a tendency to dislike them, in exception for the editorial movie critics.
Old 04-02-06, 02:34 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Hitch. It was funny.
Tired of seeing one person beat the crap out of 15 people as they come at him one at a time.
Old 04-02-06, 04:07 PM
Cool New Member

The tired grizzled alchi and/or retired cop *cough..Bruce Willis....who then does or finds out XYZ to save the day...

Detectives who have shitty small cluttered apartments with nothing in the fridge except a beer and a chinese takeout container....Detectives are usually college grads and mostly paid like $50 grand to start...so please stop with the poor shit.
Old 04-02-06, 04:41 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WWII films where the Americans (rag-tag/cowboys/every nationality in the unit)are always outnumbered against the Germans who are randomly running around while yelling stuff in German (so we know they are German.) In Western Europe, North Africa, Mediterranean gloriously fighting all of Germany's 20% total manpower.
Old 04-02-06, 08:00 PM
Banned

of all the exhausted plots out there I'm most tired of the schizophrenia one.

The first time it's clever the second time it's unsatisfying.
I hate that too.

But, I am really sick to death of finding out that a certain major character doesn't actually exist, or is a figment of the main characters imagination, or is the "other" personality of the main character.
Old 04-03-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
I too am tired of the whole cliche romantic comedies follow. Also, I hate movies that claim to have an anti-hero as the protagonist, and then towards the end decide to make him an all out hero with a heart of gold. Just once I would like to see one where he's just as unlikeable at the end as he was at the beginning.
Also, the need to put love stories into movies that really have no business having them, namely Enemy at the Gates or Batman Begins. Speaking of Batman Begins, just once I want to see a Batman movie that doesn't invlove the villain(s) trying to destroy Gotham City. Why not have one where they just want to screw around with Batman, like The Joker is so fond of doing?