Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Pulp Fiction question?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Pulp Fiction question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Pulp Fiction question?

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
QT has outright said that he never wants to write another adaptation, and I can't see him writing another screenplay with anybody else again at this point.
Damn shame because the screenplays for his 2 best films are an adaptation and a collaboration.
Old 04-04-14, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, but that was before his ego was comfortably capable of housing the population of Australia .
Old 04-04-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

For every ten unnecessary thread bumps, there's one like the discussion contained in the last 22 posts that makes it all worthwhile.
Old 04-04-14, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
They are not even, Butch put them in that situation because he did not do what he was told. Two people are dead, one man is out of money and his tuckus was violated. LA privileges ain't shit compare to what Marcellus lost.
Why would Marcellus care that some nobody palooka's dead? It's not like he's friends with the boxer -- he just put a bet on the guy.
Old 04-04-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Why would Marcellus care that some nobody palooka's dead? It's not like he's friends with the boxer -- he just put a bet on the guy.
Because instead of taking the fall, the other nobody palooka Butch added insult to injury and purposefully beat the ever loving shit out of his opponent. Marcellus was trying to make sure Butch
(who is at the end of his career) retires with some money in his pocket. He pays Butch money in advance, Butch accepts it and says he has no problems accepting Marcellus' terms and conditions.

"In the fifth my ass goes down."

Last edited by inri222; 04-04-14 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-04-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,468 Likes on 933 Posts

If Butch had gone out the front door of the shop, he would have gotten clean away and Marcellus would have died. Instead, he risked his own life to save Marcellus, by saving the boss who intended to kill him. Then he put the decision of whether he would live or die into Marcellus's hand. Look at Butch's body language. He's submitting to Marcellus's will. It was a powerful gesture of medieval fealty, and Marcellus was honor-bound to grant him his life.
Old 04-04-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
It was a powerful gesture of medieval fealty, and Marcellus was honor-bound to grant him his life.
Well, I had a totally different interpretation of "I'm about to get medieval on your ass", but hey, whatever works.
Old 01-15-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D2zMwtolhmY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-15-15, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

^ I think #8 was the only one I didn't know/hadn't heard before...still, a nice little video.

Man, I need to watch it again - its been a while. Remind me again how this didn't win Best Picture? Oh yeah, that damned Forrest Gump.
Old 01-16-15, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
^ I think #8 was the only one I didn't know/hadn't heard before...still, a nice little video.

Man, I need to watch it again - its been a while. Remind me again how this didn't win Best Picture? Oh yeah, that damned Forrest Gump.
To add even more irony to that, Travolta was in line to play Gump before Hanks.
Old 01-16-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
To add even more irony to that, Travolta was in line to play Gump before Hanks.
Well, just as long as Hanks wasn't in line to play Vincent Vega.

Actually, I might have liked FORREST GUMP if Travolta had played the lead. Of course, no one would have gone to see it and it would never have won the Oscar, but there'd be diehard fans of it lamenting the fact that SHAWSHANK (or whatever was actually up for it that year) won Best Picture and Travolta's masterful comeback went unnoticed.
Old 01-16-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D2zMwtolhmY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
1 Thing The Makers Of This Video Didn't Know

The Ezekiel 25:17 speech did not come from the mind of Tarantino, but from a Sonny Chiba movie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8LYT4JC2dd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-16-15, 03:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
that was quite interesting, thanks. i love the movie to death and it was my grandpa's favorite movie. a quirk i found in him to love a movie like this in his 80's. so grand...