Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Any love for curious george?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-06, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this last night to a nearly empty theater. We were going to see Final Destination 3 but it was sold out.

I see pretty much every "animated" movie that comes out and I thought this was probably the most entertaining since Finding Nemo (with Wallace & Gromit coming in shortly after Curious George)...

I'm a 22 year old college student and me & my friends all enjoyed it. Jack Johnson's music (as uninteresting as it usually is) was a pleasant surprise and added tremendously to the film. A really heartfelt movie, and while any sign of adult humour may have been put on the back burner, it didnt stop me from enjoying it.

Has anyone else seen it? opinions?
Old 02-11-06, 11:02 AM

There's a curious george movie? No one told me this... LoL... Seriously though, I heard NOTHING about this release. Used to love the books when I was a kid.
Old 02-11-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If this underperforms, I'll be sad. 2-D animation does not get enough love.
Old 02-11-06, 01:28 PM

yeah i agree with you.

the animation was REALLY well done- eye catching, yet it recreates the simple look of the old books.
Old 02-11-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It actually looks really good to me, just because of the 2D animation, and who doesnt like monkeys. I would go see it, but it looks to be on the more childish side, ala Chicken Little.
Old 02-11-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, this was a really adorably cute film featuring Curious George and Ted (the guy who loves to wear yellow, it would seem). You simply can't watch Curious George and not break out in a smile or chuckle, he's so playful and fun, with just a bit of guile to keep you honest.

The story/origin of CG and Ted's unlikely relationship is also pretty cute, and even with the usually predictable scenes of having forced separations and regrets, it all ends up good and coozy. Kids will like this movie a lot because there's plenty to like.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.
Old 02-12-06, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, sellout crowds at the theater for this today. I think George will be fine.

Originally Posted by Patman
coozy
That sounds like something you should see a doctor about.
Old 02-19-06, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was a great animated film, however, my friends and I were the only people in the theater.
Old 02-19-06, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw it in an empty theatre as well, but that was a late show, and intentional. I thought it was great. The animation was excellent and the colours really lept of the screen. Will Ferrell and David Cross were both pretty much playing themselves (a G rated version of themselves) and it was highly entertaining. The JJ songs were fun and worked really well within the movie, not to mention that even the coldest hearted person has to admit that Curious George himself is extremely cute and instantly likeable.

Much better than many of the non-Pixar CG flicks of late (ice age, madagascar etc.) and definitely worth checking out if you're an animation buff.

MATT
Old 03-13-06, 07:09 AM

my girlfriend and i saw it saturday afternoon. we were the only people in the theater without kids (figures, sat afternoon).

We both thought the movie was hilarious. Its refreshing to laugh throughout a movie without being hit over the head with sex jokes or swearing.