Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Toy Story 3 scrapped!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Toy Story 3 scrapped!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TS3 + Pixar + Orginal Actors = My money ready to be spent in the movie theater and on the DVD.

How soon can it be made, summer of 2007?

Bring it on!!!
Old 01-31-06, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great News! The first two Toy Story predecessors were good, and there is no need to ruin these classic films with a possibility of a bad, inferior third sequel...Leave it alone!
Old 01-31-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
I disagree. Since it will now be handled by Pixar then I say bring it on.
Old 01-31-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I disagree. Since it will now be handled by Pixar then I say bring it on.
But Pixar never made plans for this, and don't have plans for this.
Old 01-31-06, 11:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
TS3 + Pixar + Orginal Actors
Bring it on!!!
You mean the original voice over. The movies were made using CG animation.
Old 02-01-06, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You'd be surprised to hear this but animators use the movement and gestures of the voice actors that they do while recording the voice and mix it into the character. So in all due respect, voice over acting is just as intensive as acting infront of a camera.
Old 02-01-06, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by calhoun07
But Pixar never made plans for this, and don't have plans for this.
I distinctly remember reading an article when the fued was going on that they had a solid idea for a third movie but would not pursue it without a conract. That is when Disney said screw it, we'll make it ourselves.
Old 02-01-06, 06:45 AM

I think this a very good idea pulling the plug. Judging from most of Disney's output in the last five to ten years, it is quite likely that Toy Story 3 would be quite awful and obviously not a patch on the last two instalmemts.

What the hell has happened to the Walt Disney Company? Why has the creative output been so uneven in the past five to eight years?
Old 02-07-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts
Toy Story 3 is back on!

Less than a month since it was cremated, plonked in a casket and seemingly buried forever, “Toy Story 3” is back on.

Disney has apparently handed over the sequel to Pixar, who would still like to do the film, says Bloomberg.

According to the site, Disney’s in-house animators had already been working on the sequel – so they won’t be wasting man-hours for nothing. The sequel will indeed be made.

The film, which will once again see Tim Allen and Tom Hanks provide the voices of the lead characters, will see Woody and the gang set out to rescue Buzz after he is recalled back to Taiwan.

MOVIEHOLE.net
Old 02-07-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Toy Story 3 is back on!

Less than a month since it was cremated, plonked in a casket and seemingly buried forever, “Toy Story 3” is back on.

Disney has apparently handed over the sequel to Pixar, who would still like to do the film, says Bloomberg.

According to the site, Disney’s in-house animators had already been working on the sequel – so they won’t be wasting man-hours for nothing. The sequel will indeed be made.

The film, which will once again see Tim Allen and Tom Hanks provide the voices of the lead characters, will see Woody and the gang set out to rescue Buzz after he is recalled back to Taiwan.

MOVIEHOLE.net
Well at least they are letting Pixar deal with it. I actually liked the idea of Buzz being recalled.
Old 02-08-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Sounds good to me. As long as they are the same voice actors, and Pixar is behind it to polish up the script.
Old 02-08-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I wonder if they'll try to get new voice actors to replace Jim Varney as "Slinky" or Joe Ranft as "Wheezy" (am I missing anyone?). Although no one can really fill their shoes, I'm interested to see how Pixar would handle the situation.

Last edited by Randy Miller III; 02-08-06 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-08-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wheezy is a throwaway character that doesn't really need to return. Slink on the other hand will be missed. They will probably write him out instead of recasting him. At least I hope.

I like the idea of the recall as well.
Old 02-08-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I thought I had read somewhere in the past that John Lasseter had the idea for Toy Story 3 of Woody & Buzz being thrown out or something as Andy got older, and the two of them landing up together with some other kid. The basic premise being they'll be friends together forever. I know I'm leaving a lot of details out from what I read, but it's been awhile..

On the other hand, all this talk about TS3 and Woody and Buzz... What about Jessie and Bullseye?
Old 02-08-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I had heard a script treatment that ended with all the toys in a pre-school which would allow them to remain together with children forever.
Old 02-08-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I had heard a script treatment that ended with all the toys in a pre-school which would allow them to remain together with children forever.
That was it! (first my body, now my mind.. what happens when I get to 30?! )
Old 02-10-06, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
ouch....have you seen how toys at a preschool are abused....

Woody is going to have to get the toys together to "break a few rules" again.
Old 02-11-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1844

Rest assured that -- sometime in the next five years -- the Walt Disney Company, through Pixar Animation Studios, will be producing and then releasing "Toy Story III." The third and final installment of what's-now-being-billed as the "Toy Story" trilogy.

However, when this film is finally made, it will not be the version of "Toy Story III" that Disney's Circle Seven Studios had initially cooked up (I.E. Due to a malfunction with that entire line of toys, every Buzz Lightyear in the world has to be sent back to their factory in Tawain. Where all of these action figures will then be dissembled. Of course, Woody and the gang don't find out about the dissembling part until after Buzz has actually been put in the mail. So now it's up to Andy's toys to try & get to Tawain ahead of Buzz. So that they can then stop their favorite space ranger from being dismantled). But -- rather -- the sequel story that John Lasseter and the late Joe Ranft came up with while they were still working on "Toy Story II."

To be honest, Emanuel, there is very little public information out there about this particular version of "Toy Story III." Other than to say that this proposed film supposedly features a story that's built around Jessie. More importantly, that this film will end with all of the characters in a happy safe place. So that -- as moviegoers exit the theater -- they know that Woody, Buzz and the rest of the crew will indeed live happily ever after.

And let me repeat here: "Toy Story III" will be the last installment of the series. In spite of the fact that -- in earlier press releases hyping Circle Seven Studios -- Disney had previously talked up both "Toy Story III" (which was originally supposed to have been released theatrically in 2008) as well as "Toy Story IV" (No release date was ever announced for this proposed fourth part of the series) .. The folks at Pixar absolutely insist that this next movie will be the very last one to feature Andy's toys.

As for a release date for "Toy Story III" ... Given that this "Toy Story" follow-up is John Lasseter's baby, and given that John's hands are expected to be pretty full for the next 18 months or so ... I don't think that it's very realistic to expect that Lasseter will be able to focus his full attention on this project anytime soon.

However, once Disney Feature Animation & Pixar Animation Studios are fully intergrated and John finally gets a handle on what's really going on with WDI ... Maybe then we'll finally see some progress on "Toy Story III."

If I were a betting man, Emaneul ... I'd bet that we wouldn't see this particular sequel before 2009 or 2010. But -- then again -- given that Lasseter actually has to fill that hole in Disney's 2008 release schedule (You know? The one that he created by shutting down production of Circle Seven's version of "Toy Story III"?) ... Maybe John will fast-track his own version of "Toy Story III."

Let me make a few phone calls and see what I can find out ...

A FEW MOMENTS LATER ... Okay. So far, I don't have a whole lot on "Toy Story III." Though I can confirm that the sequels that Disney had wanted for "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo" have been cancelled. Though an "Incredibles" follow-up may still make it to the big screen.
Old 02-11-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
That is 'effin brilliant. the recall thing sounds cool, but the pre-school thing would be a excellent finale. Maybe they can tie both plots together somehow.
Old 02-11-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For the love of God, no Jessie-based story.
Old 02-11-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,311 Likes on 955 Posts
Originally Posted by AudioWizard
Though an "Incredibles" follow-up may still make it to the big screen.
That would be so f'n cool
Old 02-11-06, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by AudioWizard
A FEW MOMENTS LATER ... Okay. So far, I don't have a whole lot on "Toy Story III." Though I can confirm that the sequels that Disney had wanted for "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo" have been cancelled. Though an "Incredibles" follow-up may still make it to the big screen.
I'm glad they aren't continuing Monsters, Inc. or Finding Nemo. Both are pretty much self-contained stories that don't lend themselves to sequels. Now The Incredibles on the other hand, bring on the Underminder!
Old 02-11-06, 08:36 PM

Seeing as the article, a few posts back was from Jim Hill media, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Jim Hill isn't known for being a reliable source of information.

However, it's good to hear Toy Story III is under Pixar.
Old 02-12-06, 12:46 AM
xia

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
One of the first times I'm glad to hear of a film being scrapped.
I agree
Old 02-14-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 708 Likes on 436 Posts
You know... I'm all gung-ho for an Incredibles sequel, provide that it begins and ends with Brad Bird, but as far as the rest of the PIXAR characters, why not produce some shorts instead of sequels? "Mike's New Car", for example... WONDERFUL! And also, the groin

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.