Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Fandango

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fandango

I'm new to this, if I buy the ticket and print it online, do I walk right in and give it to the ticket ripper whateveryoucallthem person?

I had a free ticket for King Kong from the Jurrasic Park set, but the line was still a bitch. They gave me a ticket for Munich instead of KK, too.
Old 01-22-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.fandango.com/hfw3.aspx
Old 01-22-06, 05:18 PM
Banned

i work at a theatre. if you print it out on fandango, you STILL have to wait in line to claim your ticket from the ticket kiosk. the theatre will NOT let you in with the print out. that's how it is at my theatre. i've heard some theatre allow you to use the printout if they have a ticket scanner, but i've never seen one.
Old 01-22-06, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I saw that before I posted, it says:
The theater box office or will call desk
A self-service kiosk (if provided by the theater)
The ticket-taker podium (if the theater selected offers Fandango's Print at Home service)

All three answers are basically saying YMMV. I'm asking because I assume they have to say that.
Old 01-22-06, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ShallowHal
I saw that before I posted, it says:
The theater box office or will call desk
A self-service kiosk (if provided by the theater)
The ticket-taker podium (if the theater selected offers Fandango's Print at Home service)

All three answers are basically saying YMMV. I'm asking because I assume they have to say that.

that's pretty much how it is. ymmv. you're still most likely going to have to wait in a line no matter where you go, but the line won't be as long as it would if you wait in a normal line. that is of course, assuming you don't have morons at the kiosk in front of you who don't know what they're doing. our kiosk is also a self service ticket buyer. if yuo don't want to wait outside in the line, you can join the line with the ticket redeemers and then it becomes a real pain in the ass once people realize that.
Old 01-22-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only used Fandango seven times and they've all been this year. Mostly to get into the special advance Serenity previews and to see Revenge of the Sith at midnight and another time (the same weekend) in DLP.

Century Theaters and Brenden Theaters both use Fandango's Print-at-Home service at their theaters here in Vegas. Just take the print-out straight to the podium and you're in. Much easier than having to wait in a line, but the problem with this is, I haven't had to wait in a line for years. Most movie theaters in Vegas usually have three or four ticket sellers working the line at once during the weekends and during the weekdays, movie theaters here in Vegas are usually ghost towns (other than advance screenings).

When it comes to Regal Cinemas here in the city, they've now been installing automated kiosks inside the theater before the podiums in which you can use your credit/debit card to buy tickets (instead of having to wait in a line) or they have a scanner for your Fandango print-outs (instead of having the usher print the tickets for you). Not as easy as Fandango's Print-at-Home service, but it's better than waiting in a long line. However, I've only seen one Regal here use the kiosk.
Old 01-22-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The big theater around me has a kiosk, where you simply slide in your credit card and it will detect the purchase you made at home, and the regular tickets pop out, allowing you to go right in. Pretty nifty.
Old 01-23-06, 10:34 AM
Cool New Member

The last "long line" (about 30 people) I had to wait in was for the first Spiderman movie.

Before THAT, it was for Batman 1989...about 60 or so people

Before THAT was Superman in 1978... the line was so long it was unreal.

The next long line I predict I will be in is for Superman Returns.
Old 01-23-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mmmm.... you smell like.... Fandango....

Agree that this system is sort-of flawed, in that you still have to stand in line.
Old 01-23-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm lucky enough to attend a theater where either no one knows the ticket kiosk exists, or they just don't want to use it.
Old 01-24-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
The way it works here is you just take it right to the ticket-taking podium. No more waiting in the ticket purchase line like a sucker. Woo-hoo!

Course, we only have 1 theater in town that uses Fandango, and it's on the other side of town. Still. Handy.