Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Cast-signed Movie Posters

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-05, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am seeking help in finding a good forum (kind of like this DVD forum), that deals strictly w/ movie poster collecting, etc...

Also, is there a good site to help determine authentic signed material, such as 'cast signed' movie posters?
Old 12-31-05, 02:52 AM
Suspended

http://www.icollectmovieposters.com/start-movieposters/

This is a decent site I am a member of, but it has its ups and downs at times.

As for cast signed posters, not sure, probably an autograph forum might be better to suit that hobby.
Old 12-31-05, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's really something you have to get yourself since getting it autheticated is very simple and easy for smudge.

I have a lot of cast/crew signed posters and all were done infront of my face though I know it would be hard to ever sell them because I can't prove it with anything other than a digicam picture or something like that and even then.. how would the buyer know it is that specific poster.
Old 12-31-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've almost bit on several different ebay posters that had "cast signed," but the prices just got to high to take the risk that were fakes...if I'm going to shell out that kind of cash, I would need to know it was the real thing. Just too damn easy to forge

Ron
Old 12-31-05, 07:37 PM

I was doing sum searching thru search engines and such, and came across a site that archives 'personally' signed pictures and stuff.

Seems really nice, and comparing it to some of the posters I've got, there seem to be some decent discrepancies w/ mine compared to those listed @ this site.

Take a peek : AW Authentication

I also found an interesting read @ Anthony Daniels Official Site . Click on the DARKSIDE link/button & read what he says about reputable dealers forging his name.
Old 12-31-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.psadna.com/

They're a big and trusted name in the sports collectibles hobby. Not sure if they work outside of sports, but it might be worth looking into. A bit pricey as I recall, so I wouldn't bother unless you're holding onto an Orson Welles signed Kane poster (well, I'm being facetious...but I wouldn't use it for the Radioactive Monsters from Mars poster that you had signed by the key grip and second assistant director). Anyway, it's worth looking into and I hope this helps.

-JP
Old 01-01-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is what Anthony Daniels says (thanks Bokasmo)

Scum & Villainy:
Anthony Daniels' autograph is not available from this site or from Yellow Ball Managent.

But forgeries of his signature are widely available.

It is not just Anthony's name that is forged. We see many examples of fakes, supposedly signed by other personalities.

The difference is that Anthony does something about it.
This makes some dealers very unhappy.
They say bad things about him.
Well they would, wouldn't they.

Various dealers, organisations and individuals in stores, on the Web and elsewhere think that owning a Sharpie pen gives them the right to cheat the fans.

This includes people who ask if they can be photographed with Anthony as he signs their single item. They later use this 'photographic proof' as evidence to support them selling
hundreds of fakes.

As for Certificates of Authenticity...
they're literally not worth the paper they're written on.

And of course, buying from any web site that doesn't display a clear photo of the actual autograph, or a statement as to what signatures are included,
is just another way of living stupidly.

If you find a dubious autograph - join the battle against the Darkside - show the Webmaster and we will expose it
on this site.

You may wish to make your own judgement,
but, whilst far from being a definitive list,
inclusion of a seller's name on this page
is no indication of their fraudulent intent.

It is merely a statement that, whether or not they are aware of the fact, the autograph in question is,
in our opinion,
a forgery.