Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-14, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Holy shit. Is that link accurate? it was filmed in order?! AND WB gave Miller more money to make it better? To add more shit? Damn.

I'm really excited for this one. I'm so tired of CGI destruction being the most popular of action. I loved the last two Fast & Furious films but as much practical stuff they did. Still too much CGI to make up for the awesome. Death Proof was better with the car action.
Old 08-10-14, 03:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I do hope that Mel Gibson has a part in this, and they don't cut him despite recent news stories that report him as a user of the "Sketch Factor" app.
Old 08-10-14, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

The '"Sketch Factor" app'? What the fuck is that?

EDIT: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...2+app&safe=off

Huh. I guess there's an app for every stupid shit.
Old 08-10-14, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I was joking.
RocShemp!!!
Old 08-10-14, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I do hope that Mel Gibson has a part in this, and they don't cut him despite recent news stories that report him as a user of the "Sketch Factor" app.
'Mad Max' director 'heartbroken' over Mel Gibson

SAN DIEGO (AP) — "Mad Max" director George Miller was "heartbroken" over Mel Gibson's string of scandals in recent years, and said plans for a new trilogy prompted him to pick a younger actor for revisiting the post-apocalyptic auto action franchise.

The 69-year-old Australian director helped launch Gibson to stardom three decades ago in the trilogy featuring stark desert landscapes, intense car chases and a bleach blonde Tina Turner. Miller had originally hoped to bring Gibson back for a fourth film in the role of Max Rockatansky. But a series of delays led to recasting, with Tom Hardy, 36, stepping into the road warrior's black boots.

"I have a great affection for Mel. I was really heartbroken to see him go into that," Miller said in a recent interview. "But it's a new time. I hope Mel gets to act in more movies because I think he's a wonderful actor. But I think he's an amazingly good director."

Miller describes "Mad Max: Fury Road" as an extended chase taking place over three days. The movie, due out next summer and also starring Charlize Theron, features minimal dialogue. The screenplay consisted of storyboards -- sketches of each planned shot -- rather than a conventional script.

"You're picking up the characters and the backstory as you go," Miller said. "And in order to create that backstory, we found ourselves having written two other screenplays. One of them is completed. The other one is in the form of a kind of unedited novel. So by the time we got there, we realized we've got a couple more Mad Max stories to tell, and that ... required us to cast someone who was younger."

Miller showed footage from "Mad Max: Fury Road" at the recent Comic-Con International in San Diego. He's still finishing work on the movie, his return to live action after directing the animated "Happy Feet" in 2006 and 2011's sequel.

"Roman Polanski had a saying, which is that there's only one perfect place for the camera at any given time. And I learned that on the animations," Miller said. "You can move the camera wherever you like. But to tell the story -- it was interesting how much you could influence the story by simply shooting from another perspective."

There is, of course, a heightened sense of danger when you're moving said camera through a high-speed motorcycle and dune buggy chase in the harsh Australian outback -- not circling cute dancing penguins via computer software.

"Particularly a film like this where we wanted to shoot like real, old-school," Miller said. "Every car you see smashed is a real car. Every stuntman you see is a real person, and in many cases the cast. ... It's like being in the middle of a real-life video game getting that footage. One, two inches too far one way or the other or a miscue and you've got disaster on your hands. It was both exhilarating and very wearying."

There were only minor injuries during the shoot, Miller said. "Mad Max: Fury Road" will roll into theatres next May.

Source
Old 08-10-14, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe the bit from that other script will wind up in the long-rumored MM anime film or more likely in a tie-in comic of some sort. Like MM2, awesome hearing this this'll be low on dialogue. Hopefully McCarthy will be a worthy replacement for Kennedy, and we will get a turbocharged action movie half as good as the second. And if the rumors about the lack of CG are true, more power to them. Let's be blunt, even if it hadn't been for his recent string of scandals, casting Gibson would've been difficult simply because of his age.

Originally Posted by George Miller
Everything old-school
Except for shooting digitally . This sounds good on paper, but I keep reminding myself that Spielberg said the same to hype us up about KOTCS. And look how THAT turned out.
Old 08-10-14, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Except for shooting digitally
What's more upsetting is that Miller has talked about the benefits of 3D, yet shot this film natively in 2D (the 3D version is post-converted).

For how long this film has been in post-production, this better be the best goddamn 3D post-conversion of all time.
Old 08-10-14, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
What's more upsetting is that Miller has talked about the benefits of 3D, yet shot this film natively in 2D (the 3D version is post-converted).

For how long this film has been in post-production, this better be the best goddamn 3D post-conversion of all time.
Old 08-11-14, 05:56 AM
Banned

There have been some damn fine PC work but this one would be very interesting to see if it turns out to be good 3D.
Old 08-11-14, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

After watching the first Mad Max the other day I can't help but think a cool title for this one would have been Mad Max: Anarchie Road. Would have been a nice callback to the original film.
Old 08-11-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

' "Roman Polanski had a saying, which is that there's only one perfect place for the camera at any given time. And I learned that on the animations," Miller said. "You can move the camera wherever you like. But to tell the story -- it was interesting how much you could influence the story by simply shooting from another perspective." '

Funny how Miller bashes Mel but admires a child molester/rapist's filming technique in that article above.
Old 08-11-14, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
While I have zero sympathy or admiration for Roman Polanski as an individual, I do admit that as an artist, I think he's a pretty talented director.
Old 08-11-14, 11:33 AM
Banned

Yeah. I'm actually kind of uncomfortable in that I do watch his films but totally think he's a piece of shit for what he did. He's a great director though.
Old 08-11-14, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
' "Roman Polanski had a saying, which is that there's only one perfect place for the camera at any given time. And I learned that on the animations," Miller said. "You can move the camera wherever you like. But to tell the story -- it was interesting how much you could influence the story by simply shooting from another perspective." '

Funny how Miller bashes Mel but admires a child molester/rapist's filming technique in that article above.
I don't understand, where did he bash Mel? Did I read a different article?
Old 08-12-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
I don't understand, where did he bash Mel? Did I read a different article?
I must have too...I don't recall him ever actually bashing him.
Old 12-10-14, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Trailer Out:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b_4nzm9ICuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-10-14, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any talk about Mad Max 5?

Do you know if there are any plans for Mad Max 5?
Old 12-10-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: Any talk about Mad Max 5?

Originally Posted by Kube
Do you know if there are any plans for Mad Max 5?
Or more importantly, is Tina Turner available?
Old 12-10-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This new trailer completely shits on Avengers 2 and Terminator 5. Cannot wait to see it.
Old 12-10-14, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brain just leaked out of my ear a little. This looks batshit insane.
Old 12-10-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The imagery is badass, but the music is too cartoonish. It totally took me out of the action in the second half.
Old 12-10-14, 01:56 PM
Banned

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rtKfNYpXp3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: NVM. Got beaten to it.
Old 12-10-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Loved the imagery/action, Hope everything else is good as well (Story etc)
Old 12-10-14, 02:11 PM
Banned

This movie's gonna make Furious 7 look like go-cart racing.

--
Old 12-10-14, 02:23 PM
Banned

Death Proof's chases make all of Fast and Furious into its bitch.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.