Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Edison (2005) Trailer - good for a laugh

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just recently saw the trailer for Edison (the upcoming film which is also Justin Timberlake's acting debut). Have to say that it made me laugh.

For the most part, most of the scenes shown in the trailer were alright. Plot seems like your standard "outsider uncovers crooked cops" fare, there are a good number of respectable actors in it (Freeman, Spacey, etc.).. but the one thing that made me laugh was how Timberlake only had a total of two lines in the trailer. He's playing a reporter that uncovers this ring of crooked cops (one of the main characters, I guess), and for a good part of the trailer we just see snippets of him trying to look intense, hiding behind objects, or reacting to other actors. And then near the end of the trailer we get a couple of lines from him, something like "You bet" and "What the hell was that?!" (badly acted to boot). Just funny as hell, I thought. Seemed like they were trying to hide his bad performance while still advertising that he was in the movie.
Old 09-22-05, 01:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
How quickly we forget On the Line

Last edited by Groucho; 09-22-05 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-22-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
For some reason I read the title, and thought of that religious (was it Amish?) Time Travel movie from a few years ago.

I don't know why, but ah well.
Old 09-22-05, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
For some reason I read the title, and thought of that religious (was it Amish?) Time Travel movie from a few years ago.

I don't know why, but ah well.
Hey, when I first heard the title of this movie and who was in it, I thought Timberlake was going to be playing some kind of idiot savant (a la Rain Man) and Morgan Freeman was going to be his assigned "Big Brother" or something ... would have played more naturally on-screen IMHO
Old 09-22-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is the trailer online anywhere? The movie got trashed pretty good at Toronto.

Len Klady reviews Edison at Toronto

David Poland reviews Edison at Toronto

Last edited by zekeburger1979; 09-22-05 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added reviews
Old 09-22-05, 01:57 PM

Ouch, those reviews are brutal. And here I thought the only bad thing about this movie was Timberlake's acting and Spacey's (still doesn't top Ben Kingsley's conehead in a Sound of Thunder) hairdo.