Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sci-Fi Movie Help...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sci-Fi Movie Help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-05, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sci-Fi Movie Help...

Hi guys, I watched a sci-fi movie or an episode of a series long long time ago, maybe in '85 or '87... In fact I remember two scenes which may be the clues to find the film; first one goes like this: several guys, dressed in shiny coats (maybe it wasn't shiny after all I don't remember clearly) with their caps on and tight are walking on a strange planet surface, there is wind blowing and one of the guys falls into a quicksand, other guys try to help him hard but he is sucked in the quicksand and dies.

Second scene is more specific I guess, there is an Eagle shaped space fighter which has eagle claws, the pilot of the Eagle clawed ship is very angry, because men from another ship have kidnapped his lover or sister or someone close let's say. Both the pilot of the Eagle shaped ship and kidnapped girl have eagle feathered and eagle beaked helmets or caps on. The eagle shaped ship descents on the other one and the claws penetrate through the hull of the other ship and goes directly to the chest of the kidnapped girl. She screams, and the men from the other ship tell the Eagle capped men to stop etc.

Please immediate help is required or I 'll go mad I guess... I've been thinking and searching for weeks now... Any help???
Old 08-30-05, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know about the first scene, but the second scene is definitely from an episode of the Buck Rodgers TV series with Gil Gerrard. I don't recall how many seasons Buck Rodgers ran, but I know it went for at least two, maybe three, and that episode was from the second or third season. The feather-headed character became Buck Rodger's alien sidekick for the remainder of the series.
Old 08-30-05, 05:55 AM

That's it man... Thank you it's a relief.
Old 08-30-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be sure . . . did he look like this . . .

and his ship look like this . . .

???
Old 08-30-05, 01:08 PM

Absolutely yesss... Thanks a bunch.