Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Favourite sarcastic movie review lines

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When a reviewer dislikes a movie, it's not enough to criticize it anymore. Only 99.9 per cent pure vitriol will suffice - and it's darn fun to read!

Some really witty ones:

The Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor that brought the United States into World War II has inspired a splendid movie, full of vivid performances and unforgettable scenes, a movie that uses the coming of war as a backdrop for individual stories of love, ambition, heroism and betrayal. The name of that movie is From Here to Eternity.
-A.O. Scott (NYT), on his Pearl Harbour review.
The director, whose name is Pitof, was probably issued with two names at birth and would be wise to use the other one on his next project. `
-Roger Ebert (Chicago Sun-Times), reviewing Catwoman
If there are lots of flashes and bangs, and smoke and fire, either your car has just rear-ended a Pinto or Michael Bay has made a new movie.
-James Berardinelli, The Island
The movie was produced in English, but most of the European actors (both live and voiceover) are clearly sounding out their lines phonetically, which I suppose was a benefit for them; if they could understand the atrocious dialogue they were speaking, they'd probably be horrified.
-Josh Zyber, Immortel
Old 10-24-08, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should check out this blog then...

If you want sarcastic movie reviews then google "sarcastic movie reviews" and check out rtheygood's blog (it should be at the top of the page)

Freakin' hilarious!!

"Have you ever had the dream where you were at a “Cirque Du Soliel” show drinking a warm cup of urine with Mahatma Ghandi?

Ya, I’m pretty sure that my subconscious is being directed by the Coen Brothers

In my mind I’m trying to be all “hip” and stuff because, well , Ghandi made it and I don’t want to look like some sort of Philistine by saying “Yo Mahatma. There’s a hair in my beverage”, but I still can’t get passed the fact that it’s urine..."No Country for Old Men"
Old 10-25-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You sense that if Lucas had his way, Harrison Ford would have measured Shia LeBeouf's midiclorian levels.
-Stephen Himes Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull