Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why kids/family movies have dirty lines in them.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Why kids/family movies have dirty lines in them.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
some people just have dirty minds
I always interpret jokes in movies to be dirty because there's no morality in Hollywood.
Old 06-28-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because it's real fucking life. Kids need to learn that the real world isn't all candy canes and unicorns. I say you teach kids at a very early age all of the curse words, and explain that they have times and places where they can be used, and times and places where they shouldn't be used.

Of course, I don't have any children...
Old 06-28-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I always interpret jokes in movies to be dirty because there's no morality in Hollywood.
You want a ethics lesson, go to a community college. It's not Hollywoods job to be educational. It's to busy trying to stay entertaining enough that I spend my money on it.
Old 06-28-05, 03:56 PM

i like the dirty little jokes on family films. And it really doesnt matter the kids hear them imo since they wont know what they are talking about anyway. As long as it isnt a direct dirty joke i dont feel that its a bad thing to have in these films. It keeps me entertianed when i have to watch children's movies
Old 06-28-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts
I want more explicit sex scenes in family films.
Old 06-28-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kids watching movies these days learn far worse habits, words, phrases, actions from regular television and their area then they would ever learn in off a film.
Old 06-28-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I always thought the joke was about his height. I can see why people would think it's about his penis size, but that's not the way I took it.
At best one could claim they inserted a joke that could be taken two ways. But considering that the running gag in the movie was that he was short, and that that joke was in the middle of a few other "short" jokes, saying it was intended as a dick joke seems to be missing the context completely. I can't say for sure exactly what the filmmakers were thinking, and quite possibly they meant it on a double level, but on the surface level it was clearly meant as a joke about his height. That just seemed obvious to me.

As for why include more adult humor in these movies? Cause quite frankly the adult humor flies over the heads of little kids and entertains the adults. It's not really a family movie, but I recall The Naked Gun. When Priscilla Presley is climbing the ladder, Drebin says "nice beaver" and she hands him a stuffed beaver. I thought it was funny for being random when I was young...though I got the real joke when I was older. Most of these dirty jokes in these family films aren't that over the line so I see no problem with them.