Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Not one Madagascar thread???

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Not one Madagascar thread???

Old 05-31-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by tdirgins
I loved the Twilight Zone reference.
Tell me which part that was b/c I can't seem to remember it (or I may have missed it). I thought the use of the
Spoiler:
American Beauty
music and the
Spoiler:
steaks as rose petals
was pretty funny as well.
Old 05-31-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The movie was very bad. Everything about it, the look and feel and just the whole concept.
Old 05-31-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Went to see it yesterday. Fell asleep B4 the POA Reference and don't remember too many good things about it. I loved the penguins but all their good stuff was already shown in the trailers. The kids liked it so thw DVD purchase is a given but, it's no SharkTale.
Old 05-31-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i loved it. the best part was the penguins after they arrive at antactica...

Spoiler:
"well...this sucks!"

that had me rollin.
Old 05-31-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and what voice did andy richter do? it says Mort the Mouse Lemur - which one was that?
Old 05-31-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atari2600
and what voice did andy richter do? it says Mort the Mouse Lemur - which one was that?
I think that's the really small Lemur that Ali G offered to feed to Ben Stiller the Lion.
Old 06-01-05, 02:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I liked this movie more than I thought I would, it wasn't deep on plot but it had a very simple premise and I thought the interaction amongst the four protagonists was fun to watch. The ending and forced antagonists (hyenas) were the only two aspects I felt the movie faltered on, but overall waaaay better than the dreadful Shark Tales.

The DLP screening I saw it at was wonderful, a rich varied palette of colours and three dimensionality that really brought out the detail of the animation.
Old 06-01-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Tell me which part that was b/c I can't seem to remember it (or I may have missed it). I thought the use of the
Spoiler:
American Beauty
music and the
Spoiler:
steaks as rose petals
was pretty funny as well.
It was when the lemur
Spoiler:
held up the cookbook and yelled "To Serve Lemur....It's a COOKBOOK!!!" This is from the TZ episode when aliens are supposedly helping mankind (hence the name of the book) when the truth is they are fattening us up for the kill.
Old 06-20-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually like the voice actors they have in this, but most people (adults) don't seem to care for it too much. Then again, I thought Shrek 2 was a waste of time and lots of people love that movie.
Old 06-21-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tdirgins
It was when the lemur
Spoiler:
held up the cookbook and yelled "To Serve Lemur....It's a COOKBOOK!!!" This is from the TZ episode when aliens are supposedly helping mankind (hence the name of the book) when the truth is they are fattening us up for the kill.
Ah yes, I never saw that episode of Twilight Zone but I know that reference from Simpson's Treehouse of Horror so I laughed as well.

But anyway, the movie is ok. It was funny at times, but it's just all that.
Old 06-21-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by eedoon
Ah yes, I never saw that episode of Twilight Zone but I know that reference from Simpson's Treehouse of Horror so I laughed as well.
It's interesting how that Twilight Zone reference got the biggest laugh out of me, and the joke is targeted to (I'm guessing) about 15 people in the entire U.S. I suppose that scene was striving for the quality of laughs rather than the quantity.
Old 07-13-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by troystiffler
Pixar has you all spoiled.
True that. I just saw Madagascar over the weekend (DVD that I bought when it first came out for the kids) and thought it was horrible.

The plot was cute for ten minutes, but when the lion avoids eating any animals because of political correctness but it's fine but scatological humor is just fine... what on earth did you people see in this that you liked?

Honestly, if I had seen it prior to buying the DVD I never would have bought it.

Oh, and I saw Pixar's Cars a week ago, incredible movie. The difference between that movie and Madagascar is like night and day.