Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Clonetroopers and the Jedi

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-24-05, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now we all know that the Clonetroopers are based off of Jango Fett who met his warriors's death at the hands of Mace Windu; what the books and graphic novels go into more detail on is how they were all trained by Jango, with some, ARC Troopers having even more extensive attention from him as well as less genetic variation from the original.

Jango was one of the Mandaloreans, a warrior people who's galactic empire ambitions were defeated by the Jedi almost 4,000 years before, in what became known as The Mandalorian Wars.

One might think when they were indoctrinated with the potential for caring out Order 66 that they were more than ready for the task with the same mercy given to Jango by Mace. It would be interesting if there was a cut scene of this floating around somewhere, as I notice no one has questioned how quickly They turned, as the motivation must have seemed quite apparent, conditioning aside, compared to Anakin's.
Old 05-24-05, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I notice no one has questioned how quickly They turned, as the motivation must have seemed quite apparent, conditioning aside, compared to Anakin's.
If you're questioning why they would just accept and order like that and kill the Jedi they fought with, it was explained in AOTC by Lama Su.
Old 05-24-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, she says verbatim that they will take any order no questions asked.
Old 05-24-05, 10:05 AM

Of course they were trained(and modified), but in the EU there is at times a subtle friction, a depth not seen with stormtroopers. Clones or not they were still human, just very good at keeping their feelings to themselves. I'm reading the Cestus Deception right now and one of the main characters is an ARC Trooper who breaks free of his programming and goes awol.
Old 05-24-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by H@mmer
Of course they were trained(and modified), but in the EU there is at times a subtle friction, a depth not seen with stormtroopers. Clones or not they were still human, just very good at keeping their feelings to themselves. I'm reading the Cestus Deception right now and one of the main characters is an ARC Trooper who breaks free of his programming and goes awol.
Well, I only go by what is canon as in the movies. And in the movies, they are mindless soldiers.
Old 05-24-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Palpatine probably encoded order 66.