Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

More questions about the twins

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-05, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me if this has already been answered or talked about.

Does Vader ever realize that Leia is his daughter? B/c in ROTJ all he says to Luke is that he realizes that he has a twin sister and to "Tell your sister you were right." Neither he or Luke ever bring up Leia's name. so does he die not knowing who his daughter is or does he realize it before?

And also wouldn't it be difficult for Luke and Leia to trace themselves back to Padme? During her funeral she was buried as pregnant to keep the twins safe i suppose. So everyone there would think that she died pregnant. If the twins came back to Naboo everyone would be in the dark aobut their birth even her parents since it was kept secret.
Old 05-22-05, 05:39 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
And what's the deal with Padme's shitty OB-GYN? They can fly at light speed but they can't figure out she's having twins?
Old 05-22-05, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
And what's the deal with Padme's shitty OB-GYN? They can fly at light speed but they can't figure out she's having twins?
Ultrasound wasn't invented until ESB if I remember correctly
Old 05-22-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Even in the womb, Luke's abilities overshadowed Leia's ....
Old 05-22-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, we really are reaching for the questions, aren't we?

And also wouldn't it be difficult for Luke and Leia to trace themselves back to Padme?
What's the point? Luke knows his father is Vader. Trace back who Anakin was with and bam! Besides that, spirit obi could have very well told him that.
Old 05-25-05, 03:29 PM

Hey after ROTJ spirit Ani might tell him ........
Old 05-25-05, 04:00 PM

if Vader knows that Luke has a TWIN sister that kind of tells me he knows it's his daughter.....call me crazy
Old 05-25-05, 04:04 PM
Retired

Vader sensed Luke thinking about her during their duel in ROTJ. He tells him something like "So, you have a twin sister. You're feelings have betrayed you...."
Old 05-25-05, 04:04 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Groucho
Maybe since she was keeping it a secret she didn't even to go an OB-GYN.
Old 05-25-05, 05:52 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's more disturbing is didn't Luke have the hots for Leia in Ep4?
Old 05-25-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytrip
if Vader knows that Luke has a TWIN sister that kind of tells me he knows it's his daughter.....call me crazy
That wasn't the question. Obviously Vader knows Luke's sister is Vader's child as well...

The question was does he know that this 'sister' in question is Leia. And we don't have a definitely answer... although I'd say the odd point to 'yes'. Vader taunts Luke that his feelings for his 'friends' are strong. Luke then thinks of Leia. Vader then learns that Luke has a twin sister. Luke obviously isn't thinking in generic terms -- he's thinking speicifically of Leia. I have to believe that Vader picked up on that.

Although, obviously this is guesswork. Anakin/Luke never refer to her by name within each other's company.
Old 05-26-05, 11:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by beatccr
Forgive me if this has already been answered or talked about.

Does Vader ever realize that Leia is his daughter? B/c in ROTJ all he says to Luke is that he realizes that he has a twin sister and to "Tell your sister you were right." Neither he or Luke ever bring up Leia's name. so does he die not knowing who his daughter is or does he realize it before?

And also wouldn't it be difficult for Luke and Leia to trace themselves back to Padme? During her funeral she was buried as pregnant to keep the twins safe i suppose. So everyone there would think that she died pregnant. If the twins came back to Naboo everyone would be in the dark aobut their birth even her parents since it was kept secret.
ya know they always say that women shouldn't fly in planes where they pregnant... sheesh ...
Old 05-29-05, 04:00 PM

have there been any expanded universe novels about either luke or leia or anyone for that matter going back to naboo? i know that in "Tatooine Ghost" leia goes back to tatooine and finds about anakin as a young boy.