Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Episodes 7,8 and 9

Old 05-22-05, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Episodes 7,8 and 9

I'm sure everyone here has been to

http://www.supershadow.com/

and read the plot scripts for Episodes 7, 8 and 9

Let's face it, Lucas aint a spring chicken anymore, i think after these tv series, that will be it for him

Do you think anyone in the future will be given licence to make episodes 7, 8 and 9 ?

If so, which young director do you think Lucas on his deathbed would give the rights to ?
Old 05-22-05, 04:43 AM
Banned

It will never happen. The movies is the story of Anakin and his fall and redemption. He died, it's over. I really wish the fans would just accept this and move on. There will still be the games, comics, books, etc. And a new TV series.
Old 05-22-05, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Do you think anyone in the future will be given licence to make episodes 7, 8 and 9 ?
He was asked this on 60 Minutes, and he said "NO" in all cases. He also won't be involved much in the TV show, which he should do away with before he even starts. He said he'd set it up, then step back and work in Indy IV and Red Tails.
Old 05-22-05, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
tv is about as close as it's going to get and from my understanding, it will handle what happenes in the 20 year gap between ROTS and ANH. 7, 8 and 9 are pipe dreams.
Old 05-22-05, 07:10 AM

Are the plot scripts on that site for Episodes 7, 8 and 9 real or fanmade?
Old 05-22-05, 07:23 AM

Not that Lucas is a great writer, but those have got to be fanmade based on quality alone. I would not see those movies if they were made.

Anyone who wants a 7, 8, and 9 should just read the original Timothy Zahn Trilogy. It has great suspense, great characterizations, great writing, and it provides closure.

As soon as I saw the word holocrons I knew these plot ideas would not be great.
Old 05-22-05, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

After "The Empire Strikes Back" was shot, it was to be the fifth chapter in a nine part saga.

Here's the skinny on the "nine part saga" from Gary Kurtz (this was the outline for the nine part saga, as of 1980, with both ANH and ESB completed):

EPISODE 1: Was to focus on the origins of the Jedi Knights and how they are initiated and trained

EPISODE 2: Introduction and development of Obi-Wan Kenobi

EPISODE 3: Introduction and life of Vader

EPISODE 4: There were seven different drafts of the film. At one point, they pursued buying the rights to Hidden Fortress because of the strong similarities. At one point, Luke was a female, Han was Luke's brother, Luke's father was the one in prison (interesting point for some debates) and the film featured 40 wookies

EPISODE 5: Once written, the screenplay of Empire is almost exactly what is seen on screen. The only cut scenes were those involving wampas in the rebel base (cut because of time and unsolved technical glitches) and about two minutes of Luke/Yoda Jedi training with no real dialog.

EPISODE 6: Leia was to be elected "Queen of her people" leaving her isolated. Han was to die. Luke confronted Vader and went on with his life alone. Leia was not to be Luke's sister.

EPISODE 7: Third trilogy was to focus on Luke's life as a Jedi, with very few details planned out.

EPISODE 8: Luke's sister (not Leia) appears from another part of the galaxy.

EPISODE 9: First appearance of the Emperor.
At some time between ESB and ROTJ, Lucas changed his mind and collapsed the storyline he had planned for episodes 6, 7, 8, and 9, into episode 6. Now, did he do this because he didn't want to film three additional movies right away, becuase he wanted to trim the saga down to six episodes, or because he developed a different concept for episodes 7-9? It's so far unknown. (I also recall hearing that the two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO were to be the only characters who appeared in all nine installments.)

However, around the time the prequels started going into development Lucas' line changed and the "Star Wars" saga suddenly became about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker in six parts.

I actually have a suspicion that, just before ROTJ went into production, that Lucas decided to tell a multigenerational epic of nine films in three trilogies, with each trilogy focusing on a single generation of Jedi Knights of the Skywalker family.

So the "Prequel" trilogy was Anakin's trilogy, the "Original" Trilogy was Luke's trilogy, and the "Sequel" trilogy would've been about Han and Leia's children. This is what much of the "Extended Universe" novels and comics have focused on that were released in the early 90s, so it would seem that this was the direction they were planning on taking. Also, it would make sense from a storyline perspective to have Luke and Leia both be Skywalkers so she could continue the line.

So at current, it looks there won't be an Episode 7, 8, and 9 trilogy, if you take what Lucas has been saying at face value. And it's not exactly like he's never changed his mind, y'know...
Old 05-22-05, 08:33 AM

If that list was made after episode V, how could they claim episode IX would feature the first appearance of the emperor? He DOES appear in the empire strikes back.
Old 05-22-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am glad they condensed the last trilogy into Episode 6. I can't imagine there would be enough going on to make them interesting.
Old 05-22-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh
It will never happen. The movies is the story of Anakin and his fall and redemption. He died, it's over. I really wish the fans would just accept this and move on. There will still be the games, comics, books, etc. And a new TV series.
People forget that the series was originally called Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke SkyWalker...not The Adventures of Vader or Anakin.

Lucas has been changing this stuff to fit his agenda since it started. Anyone who believes that he started "Star Wars" as a tale about the rise and fall of Anakin is a gullible fool and/or a Lucas apologist.
Old 05-22-05, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
People forget that the series was originally called Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke SkyWalker...not The Adventures of Vader or Anakin.

Lucas has been changing this stuff to fit his agenda since it started. Anyone who believes that he started "Star Wars" as a tale about the rise and fall of Anakin is a gullible fool and/or a Lucas apologist.
Starkiller, not Skywalker.
Old 05-22-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
D'oh...you are correct sir.
Old 05-22-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
All writters change their story/script as they are writting it. I am penning a book about my dad and I have changed things many times over the past year.
Old 05-22-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doesn't matter what it started out as, it is the story of Anakin SKywalker and his family. Lucas is too old to change his mind, he will never make the last trilogy.
Old 05-22-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While Lucas of course won't make Episodes VII-IX...

...He could always be a script consultant and Executive Producer for such a series of films in the future if he's still alive.

One thing though: I would like to see Lucas give Genndy Tartakovsky some time in the next 7-10 years to do Episodes VII-IX as animated features. You think I'm crazy and far-fetched in this idea? Not if you've seen Tartakovsky's work on the Clone Wars animated series for Cartoon Network, which in many ways was VASTLY superior to the first two prequel films. Pair Tartakovsky with a good group of writers experience in doing animated features and provide a big budget for high-quality 2-D animation, and the result could be great series of Star Wars movies.
Old 05-22-05, 01:07 PM
Banned

Lucas is a Taurus. Taurus is known to be slow when getting things done. So, twenty or so years down the road, his mind might change.
Old 05-23-05, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SuperShadow is a well known creator of fake information.

I don't know why people still believe that site, yet it still keep popping up. I have to wonder if I started a fake site and just put up any shit that came to my mind, if I could be as popular. I mean, spend three minutes looking over this site, and you'll see how full of bullshit it is. Look at it through an internet archiver, say, a few years ago, and you'll see even more.
Old 05-23-05, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone who believes that he started "Star Wars" as a tale about the rise and fall of Anakin is a gullible fool
Anyone who believes or is hanging onto some ray of hope that there will be more Star Wars films, is even more of a gullible fool.
Old 05-23-05, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

Well, Luke was the main character of ANH. It sorta made sense to talk name it after his adventures, since they are his adventures in the movie.

If you can't understand the the whole Saga is about the rise and fall of Anakin, well, then you're lost. Yes, Luke is for the most part the main character in 4-6, but he's the "good" guy, he sorta has to be if ya get my drift.