Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

interesting lindsay lohan news..if true... (breast reduction in Herbie - merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

interesting lindsay lohan news..if true... (breast reduction in Herbie - merged)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I thought Jessica Simpson wanted the I Dream of Jeannie gig. Guess her marriage to Nick really is on the rocks if she let this slip through her fingers.
Well, come on, Lohan is by all means, the bigger movie star and far more experienced actress. She's also got more clout when it comes to movies. Just cause Jessica wants a role doesn't mean she'll get it. Especially a lead role like that.
Old 03-15-05, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Well, come on, Lohan is by all means, the bigger movie star and far more experienced actress. She's also got more clout when it comes to movies. Just cause Jessica wants a role doesn't mean she'll get it. Especially a lead role like that.
But how much acting is needed anyways? Simpson is perfect because she's already ditzy and clueless.

Anyways, you didn't hear this from me but...
Spoiler:
it's between Lindsay Lohan and Elisha Cuthbert for Jeannie.
Old 03-15-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The latter is a better fit for the role.
Old 03-15-05, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by brizz
I'm confused. Did she have juggitis or something? what illness makes your breasts huge? I guess i haven't been watching E! enough because I hadn't heard her boobs were a sickness...

(Thanks for airing my questions too)
Old 03-15-05, 01:04 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guess I won't be seeing this movie now
Old 03-17-05, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
I read on Page Six of the New York Post last week that Lindsay and Bruce willis are getting it on.
Go Bruce!! Although its a little creepy.

Disney should just leave the film alone. Its dumb to make cuts like they are thinking of making.
Old 03-17-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Page Six retracted the story the other day.
Old 03-17-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No OBS (original breast size) = No Sale
Old 03-17-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel-A
No OBS (original breast size) = No Sale
OBS (Original Breast Size) is not about more breasts, or less breasts. It's about the right breasts.
Old 03-18-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
OBS (Original Breast Size) is not about more breasts, or less breasts. It's about the right breasts.
Old 03-18-05, 11:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I've seen the previews for this. Her racing suit is loose-fitting and modest, not "sexy" at all.
Old 03-18-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
From the looks of the trailer, there will be plenty of scenes which will showcase the now-famous Rack O' Lohan, basically from just having her in the scene. Disney's not stupid. They know what sells, and to who.
Old 06-06-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Byte-Sized (Digital) Boobs For Lindsay Lohan

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...m_1420359.html

Disney chiefs have taken airbrushing to a new level - and busty teen actress Lindsay Lohan is to blame.

A team of experts have been forced to painstakingly go through every one of her scenes from new movie Herbie: Fully Loaded and dramatically reduce her boob size.

Bosses ordered her assets be slimmed down by two cup sizes over fears Lindsay's character, Maggie Peyton, was too raunchy for a family film, according to IMDB.

Techies were told to pay extra special attention to scenes which showed the sexy star jumping up and down.

Revealing necklines were also raised so as not to get any dads hot under the collar.

The orders came after Disney received several complaints from parents at test screenings.

Clearly bemused by the whole thing, Lindsay said: "I don't know how Renee Zellweger kept swelling and shrinking for Bridget Jones.

"It's no fun. Bring on the computer guys."

The movie is the fourth sequel to the 1968 film The Love Bug, about a wacky Volkswagen Beetle car with a mind of its own.
Old 06-06-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Isn't this a repost? And, really, shouldn't her footage be left intact as a testament to what once was?
Old 06-06-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Isn't this a repost? And, really, shouldn't her footage be left intact as a testament to what once was?
Maybe Herbie made her realize that she did not need inhancements to have people like her for who she really is. My family and I have all of her movies, we have spent many nights enjoying her acting.

Herbie will be one of those movies we will be going to see all together, with or without the digital changes. But, having a daughter, I think it is very sad when girls think that they have to have bigger boobs for guys to drool over them. Their charter and personality is what should draw men to them, beauty fades - who you are on the inside is who you really are.

Good luck Lindsay and thanks for all the laughter.
Old 06-06-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't think she ever had implants. What's the consensus on this?
Old 06-06-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
I don't think she ever had implants. What's the consensus on this?
I think people who thought she had implants changed their minds after the recent release of pictures showing her drastic weight loss.
Old 06-06-05, 10:53 AM
Retired

Incredibly lame. If they didn't want a busty actress, they should have simply cast someone else.
Old 06-06-05, 10:55 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Here's to the "Herbie: Fully Loaded" FULLY Loaded Edition!
Old 06-06-05, 11:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I called shenanigans the first time I heard this story, and I call it now.
Old 06-06-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Waiting for the unrated DVD.
Old 06-06-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They still have the "busty" trailer on the movie's website, so nothing's changed there yet.
Old 06-06-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Isn't this a repost?
Yes it is!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410469
Old 06-06-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Maybe Herbie made her realize that she did not need inhancements to have people like her for who she really is. My family and I have all of her movies, we have spent many nights enjoying her acting.

Herbie will be one of those movies we will be going to see all together, with or without the digital changes. But, having a daughter, I think it is very sad when girls think that they have to have bigger boobs for guys to drool over them. Their charter and personality is what should draw men to them, beauty fades - who you are on the inside is who you really are.

Good luck Lindsay and thanks for all the laughter.
I think the film looks cute and I will see it (and I've liked all her other theatrical films as well). But I think the digital alteration, if true, is a stupid wasteful excess. As Josh Hinkle said, "If they didn't want a busty actress, they should have simply cast someone else." I doubt she had implants but I do think she looks terrible nowadays. Not so much due to the loss of breast size (I rarely go for large breasted women anyway - go figure) but because she looks far too thin for a woman whose body type is obviously curvier. If she were naturally thin, by all means stay thin. She's never been extremely curvy but she was still rather curvy, which is why I dislike how she currently looks.

This whole digital breast erase (again, assuming it's true as it may simply be a joke inspired by her extreme weight loss) is as silly as the breast erase done to the Pixar mermaid short.
Old 06-24-05, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thankfully, there wasn't any appreciable airbrushing away of Lindsay's chest in the film (saw it today), though it probably marks the last time she'll look "healthy" for some time to come now that she's into her bleach-blonde-thin-as-a-rail phase currently.

The film is light, fun, doesn't over-reach, yet doesn't quite bore the audience. It's a shame the trailer gives away the ending manuever. For what it was, it rates a B.