Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

19 year old beaten for shushing theater talkers.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

19 year old beaten for shushing theater talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 02:17 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another reason why I always get the back seats, you seat doesn't get kicked and if people talk, the noise travels down.
Old 12-29-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I shush people in theaters. If that doesn't work I get security to come in.
Old 12-29-04, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fok
Another reason why I always get the back seats, you seat doesn't get kicked and if people talk, the noise travels down.
What about the fact that the soundfield is shit in those seats?
Old 12-29-04, 04:37 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by wm lopez
You don't hush a black teen!
If you don't know any better you deserve what you get.

And if you fight back like Bernir Getz did back in 1984 you'll get labeled a racsist. So just avoid the confertation!

Odd, the article didn't seem to mention race at all. Given that fact, why bring the issue up unless you simply wanted to cause trouble? Take this as an official warning, additional comments like this will result in administrative action.
Old 12-29-04, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually... sitting in Blade Trinity Monday night... me and my friend were probably the only few white people in the whole theather. Apparently two guys behind us wanted to start a fight... and some (african american) lady started yelling at them.

"Yo... either all ya'll wait'll afta dis movie... or ya'll can jus take it ouside. I paid 7 dollars for this motha fucka just like everyone else here... I'ma watch my movie."

The two guys walked down the stairs and sat in the front row next to eachother. Probably waiting until it was over. Needless to say nobody heard much after that. I wanted to go out and see the fight... but it's better I didn't, probably would've gotten shot.
Old 12-30-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 708 Likes on 436 Posts
Lord knows, I can't stand a confertation. Unlike Bernir.

It's pick and choose with who you shush. Obviously you don't want to confert anyone who looks like they'll knife you without a second's hesitation. But I'll take the talkers any day over the diaper changers.
Old 12-30-04, 04:36 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mutley Hyde
I was sitting right next to a couple of punk brothers, and they were talking incessantly. After about 15 minutes into the movie, I turned to the older brother and asked at a conversatorial volume, if they were going to talk through the whole movie. He tried to stare me down and didn't respond, so I asked the little brother the same question, no response... I looked back to the older brother and said in a louder, more aggresive tone "Well, are you?" and they both said no, and didn't say a word the rest of the movie.

I know, I probably deserved to be knifed, but I wasn't.

That was you!

Last edited by Supermallet; 12-30-04 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Stupid new forum smilies.
Old 12-30-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, muthafucka! Wanna rumble?!

Spoiler:
Don't cut me.
Old 12-30-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Cross beat me to it. It's only a matter of time before on these self-congratulatory "Widescreen Advocates" annoys the wrong person.
Watchtower, anyone?
Old 12-30-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll glare at 'em when they're being rude. After that I just to to the manager and get a refund. I'm blissfully ignorant of alot of this kind of thing, living in rural Indiana...when I go see a movie it's usually me and (at best) 5 other people in attendance, unless it's opening weekend and their busiest showing.
Old 12-31-04, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can honestly say that if I ever end up shooting someone it won’t be in the line of duty, it will be in a movie theater. Nothing enrages me more than people who talk or kick my seat during a movie. It has gotten to a point where I have almost stopped going because I get so irrational. I have seriously worried that I might end up losing my job over some loud mouthed loser in a theater.
I once put an ankle lock on some poor bastard who took off his shoes and propped them up on the armrest between my wife and me, he screamed like a little girl. I also loudly told one guy that if he didn’t shut up I would drag him out of the theater by his hair.
Old 12-31-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I once put an ankle lock on some poor bastard who took off his shoes and propped them up on the armrest between my wife and me, he screamed like a little girl.
That's weird, I once put an ankle lock on a little girl and she screamed like a poor bastard.

I've yet to have a diaper changer, thank goodness. I've been to movies where folks bring young children, and have rarely been disturbed by the kids.
Old 12-31-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 336 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by nightmaster
I'll glare at 'em when they're being rude. After that I just to to the manager and get a refund. I'm blissfully ignorant of alot of this kind of thing, living in rural Indiana...when I go see a movie it's usually me and (at best) 5 other people in attendance, unless it's opening weekend and their busiest showing.
I do the exact same thing...give them the half look...give them the full look...then exit and ask for a refund. No sense getting into a fight with a stranger when it's the theater's responsibility to provide a decent viewing environment.

You can usually avoid these types by just going to matinees or avoiding theaters during their busy days (holidays, weekends, etc.)
Old 12-31-04, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
We don't know if the original story took place in the suburbs or in the HOOD. This could have been a upscale movie theater, or it could have been a dive where the film is projected on an old SHEET.
Um...what makes you think those from the HOOD can't come to an upscale movie theater?

Theaters are integrated, now.
Old 12-31-04, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I once put an ankle lock on some poor bastard who took off his shoes and propped them up on the armrest between my wife and me, he screamed like a little girl. I also loudly told one guy that if he didn’t shut up I would drag him out of the theater by his hair.

That's just nasty. I would just have to take out my knife and cut his feet off.

Shoes off at a disease ridden movie theater?

-------------------------------------------------------

I was at a movie theater one night when a group of INSERT RACE HERE (for those who are sensitive) guys were fighting with each other and had guns and knives outside and everyone in the lobby and theaters couldn't leave to go outside until cops had come and resolved the dispute. And yes, this was NOT in the hood. Probably one of the most upscale areas in my town.

This was about three to four years ago. Scary stuff.
Old 12-31-04, 09:53 AM
Suspended

This thread is hilarious.

I go to the theaters at times when it isn't full of complete asses. Pretty bad when you have to think about confrontations and fights when you go catch a movie.
Old 12-31-04, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by conscience
[Rumble theme from West Side Story] I was at a movie theater one night when a group of INSERT RACE HERE (for those who are sensitive) guys were fighting with each other and had guns and knives outside and everyone in the lobby and theaters couldn't leave to go outside until cops had come and resolved the dispute. And yes, this was NOT in the hood. Probably one of the most upscale areas in my town.

This was about three to four years ago. Scary stuff. [/Rumble theme from West Side Story]

fixed
Old 12-31-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This topic always reminds me of one of hte funniest moments in my movie going history.

My wife and i went to see a movie and there was this couple in front and down the row a couple seats from us making out and what not. That didn't bother us at all. As long as your not making noise, you can do whatever the heck you want.

So, the movie starts, and someones cell phone goes off behind us. The person quickly turns it off after a couple of rings. I'm annoyed, but not all that upset yet. About 2-3 minutes later, same phone goes off. Before i have a chance to turn around and say something, the girl who was making out with her boyfriend in front of us, half stands up and yells (not kidding, she yells) "Turn that f#$%ing thing off". I couldn't stop laughing and it was a serious movie, not a comedy. In a way it kind of ruined the mood, but it sure as hell was funny.