Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Name of two movies (from 60s or 70s, maybe early 80s)?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 02:20 PM
Wag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two different movies I saw as a child. I don't remember much about the plots (don't even remember if they were any good for that matter!), but a scene from each has stayed in my brain.

First movie (may have been a TV movie)
Poor mom, maybe a widow, maybe set in the depression. Her young daughter is sitting on the train tracks under a stationary box car playing, while the mom is busy with something else. No one notices that the train has started up. The box cars rolls over the girls legs, severing them.

Second movie
Two twins, young blond boys, I think there might have been a telekinetic or psychic theme or something. I think one might have died, but came back to life, not real clear on that part. The only thing I remember is that one of the boys had this ring on his finger, and he either wouldn't give it up to his brother, or couldn't because it was stuck. The other brother cut his finger off with gardening shears, and took the ring.

I realize I am not supplying too much in the way of info, but I would appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-22-04, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The second one sounds like The Other, but I don't remember anything about the finger bit.
Old 12-22-04, 02:47 PM
Wag

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading the IMDb summary for The Other and seeing the poster, I think that might have been it. Its 1972 release date would have been right since I saw this probably in 1975 to 1977 on TV. Also, there was discussion about
Spoiler:
one of the twins dying in a well and the other assuming his identity (or if both were actually alive and playing The Game

Any ideas on the first movie?

Last edited by Wag; 12-22-04 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-23-04, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The second one sounds like The Other, but I don't remember anything about the finger bit.
I do! Definitely 'The Other'!