Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-22, 04:53 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

fuck this assface.

second most punchable face in Hollywood.

his awkward delivery making the Flash seem like someone with autism is an epic fail.

nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
Old 04-06-22, 05:08 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Might be worth re-shooting whatever the resolution of the film is. Whenever he completes his mission and gets transported to the right time, have him show up as a new actor. That wouldn't take extensive re-shoots. Keaton & New Flash show up in the current time line, exposition, Keaton joke about how rough time travel is on Barry's body, pans over to new actor, finish the scene as planned with the new actor.

It's definitely out of the question to re-shoot the whole movie. It's a Flash movie. It's gotta be at least 80% of the movie that would need to be re-shot. There's no way they will allow that budget-wise.
Old 04-06-22, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Flash TV show was picked up for a 9th season. WB is going through a transition right now. Lots of their executives are getting canned this week with the upcoming Discovery merger. Anything you hear right now or speculated is pure spit balling.
OK, 9th season, not 8th. Let that be the last and then they could bring the TV Flash into the movies.
Old 04-06-22, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

I'm sorry, are we all forgetting that this movie comes out over a year from now and Miller has plenty of time to get sober/their shit together and Warner has plenty of time to let this stuff cool off?

All that said, the DCEU truly does seem cursed. Miller, Amber Heard, Jared Leto, Affleck's drinking problem, Gadot's divisiveness and dumbest video on the internet, Snyder's entire situation (both personal and professional), Joss Whedon, Ray Fisher's career fallout... am I missing anyone?
Old 04-06-22, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Just get the guy from Eternals, who would notice?
I think I spent most of the movie thinking that was Ezra Miller, anyway.

They can stick him in the next two Fantastic Beasts movies if they need to as well.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Whoa, whoa whoa...Gal Gadot's divisiveness? What's this?
Old 04-06-22, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Whoa, whoa whoa...Gal Gadot's divisiveness? What's this?
I wish it was about the embarrassing Imagine video, but no... unfortunately some view her as divisive because she's a Jew who served in the IDF - that's the reason.
IBJoel (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Replace this clown asap. This movie is a disaster, PR wise.
Maybe. Maybe not. This dude and they’s issues don’t seem to be gaining much traction anywhere. This thread is literally the only place I’ve seen any news about Ezra. Despite starring in a highly anticipated movie, I’m not sure anyone actually knows who Ezra Miller is.
Old 04-06-22, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Maybe. Maybe not. This dude and they’s issues don’t seem to be gaining much traction anywhere. This thread is literally the only place I’ve seen any news about Ezra. Despite starring in a highly anticipated movie, I’m not sure anyone actually knows who Ezra Miller is.
Starting to see topics about Miller's bad behavior appearing in other forums. Best to probably just shelved the movie for a very long while and let things cool down.
Old 04-06-22, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Replace this clown asap. This movie is a disaster, PR wise.

Bring in the guy from the TV show. The show has run it's course, anyway, I would think. It's going into it's, what? 8th season? Let him graduate to the big screen.
They should've went with Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin from the very beginning, but I think it's too late at this point.

I don't care what they do as long as they don't fuck with the Peacemaker show/universe.
Old 04-06-22, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
It's all over the media and Youtube primarily because of the the issues with Depp and Fantastic Beasts.
Old 04-07-22, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Starting to see topics about Miller's bad behavior appearing in other forums. Best to probably just shelved the movie for a very long while and let things cool down.
I have no idea what they're doing with their cinematic universe but I would've thought Flashpoint would be central to their plans and not something they could just delay easily.
Old 04-07-22, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I have no idea what they're doing with their cinematic universe but I would've thought Flashpoint would be central to their plans and not something they could just delay easily.
Wonder what will end up happening if Miller makes good on one of the many threats of gun violence?
Old 04-07-22, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Wonder what will end up happening if Miller makes good on one of the many threats of gun violence?
If they are smart, they'll then cancel the movie. Better to take the hit there then try to salvage it from a PR perspective or a reshoot perspective. But this is Warner and the DCEU, so they'll probably CGI in Robert Pattinson and call it good.
Old 04-07-22, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 981 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
If they are smart, they'll then cancel the movie. Better to take the hit there then try to salvage it from a PR perspective or a reshoot perspective. But this is Warner and the DCEU, so they'll probably CGI in Robert Pattinson and call it good.
Or they could put it on ice for 14 months and see if everything blows over by then.

Oh wait...

Last edited by rocket1312; 04-07-22 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-07-22, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
I wish it was about the embarrassing Imagine video, but no... unfortunately some view her as divisive because she's a Jew who served in the IDF - that's the reason.
I was specifically referring to her being Israeli and her (compulsory) IDF service, as well as her continued support of the Israeli armed forces. Her Judaism is not so much of a factor for most non-insane people.
Old 04-07-22, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Didn't they do some kind of full actor replacement in one of Zack Snyder's DC movies? I remember seeing some video and it was seamless. Perhaps just a bunch of head or face replacements for Miller's scenes; maybe then entire sequences wouldn't need to be restaged and reshot.
Old 04-07-22, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Didn't they do some kind of full actor replacement in one of Zack Snyder's DC movies? I remember seeing some video and it was seamless. Perhaps just a bunch of head or face replacements for Miller's scenes; maybe then entire sequences wouldn't need to be restaged and reshot.
Tig Notaro replaced Chris D’Elia in Army of the Dead. It looked pretty good but wasn’t 100% seemless. Most of her group shots looked like she was slightly separated from the group and there was a big portion of the movie where she was alone while the other characters were elsewhere. I’m not sure how practical it would be to replace the actual star of a movie that way. It would look pretty damn obvious.

DC couldn’t even convincingly remove a mustache on an actor. I have no faith they could replace an entire actor or his face.
The following 3 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
Brian T (04-07-22), IBJoel (04-07-22), New Lurker (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I thought at one point they should have went with Grant Gustin and tied the films to the CW series. That probably would be pretty messy though even though I like Gustin in the role.

Although I guess maybe you could have it so his version of The Flash ends up in the DCEU through Flashpoint or a Crisis (literally ) event or something and that could be a way to explain his arrival without having to rely on the viewer’s knowledge of the CW show.
Old 04-07-22, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Worst case scenario and they need to lose the guy, the do some slight reshoots where in some multiversal nonsense or comic book cosmic silliness the results of Flashpoint replaces Flash with another actor and boom: go from there. I wouldn't object to Grant Gustin, but he might be wary of the role already.
Old 04-07-22, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

And if you replace him with Gustin, it doesn't have to be the EXACT same Flash from the TV show. That way you wouldn't be tied to the show's continuity whatsoever.

Or they just send the kid to extreme counseling and rehab and put him through the My Bad circuit over the next year.
Old 04-07-22, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Gustin may be over the part after playing it so long. Not sure if a chance to star in a film versus a tv series would make him more apt to want to continue or not (I’m sure he’d get a pay bump though).

If he would be a serious consideration though I would be down for him in the role. He’s good, just the show itself has gone downhill.
Old 04-07-22, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

If they start seriously talking about replacing the main actor from this movie, stick a fork in it. It's done.
Old 04-07-22, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah, Gustin may be over the part after playing it so long. Not sure if a chance to star in a film versus a tv series would make him more apt to want to continue or not (I’m sure he’d get a pay bump though).

If he would be a serious consideration though I would be down for him in the role. He’s good, just the show itself has gone downhill.
That's the problem with putting him in a movie. There will be a lot of pressure to continue the Arrowverse Flash on the big screen, and they've pretty much ran that into the ground.

I'd rather see John Wesley Shipp as an older flash, with nothing to lose after some major tragedy (since DC movies have to be depressing), deciding to go back and change his past.
Spiderbite (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope something is figured out with this film. I was so hyped for it with Keaton returning as Batman and I like the character of The Flash so I’d like to see him finally get a film. Really hope Ezra Miller didn’t fuck everything up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.