Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me shake the butterflies!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-04, 03:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All day I have been very tense, anxious and nervous about tonight's screening of my film because several distribution companies will be attending. Added to that, the LA Times released a very positive review this morning making my hopes that much higher.

but I can't shake the butterflies! I need to be able to calm down escpecially for the Q&A afterward. What kinds of things do you do to calm yourself down at times like these? any relaxation techniques?
Old 12-16-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't really know what to say. Do you have another project you're working on? Try focusing on that. Your movie will speak for itself if it already got good reviews then don't worry about it. You're not trying to sell crap.
Old 12-16-04, 04:34 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
what does relaxation techniques have anything to do with 'movie talk'? sounds like you are just tooting your horn and doesn't seem like anyone is listening.
Old 12-16-04, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
what does relaxation techniques have anything to do with 'movie talk'? sounds like you are just tooting your horn and doesn't seem like anyone is listening.
sorry, i honestly meant to post this in 'other'. when i went looking for it again, i got very confused. sorry if i offended your delicate sensibilities, scott.
Old 12-17-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would start with a beer or a glass of wine (but that is just what I would do). Obviously don't drink too much. If you have time, call your doctor and ask for a beta-blocker. A lot of people take them for "stage fright" b/c it will slow your heart and tends to help people through the situation. It is very common to take them for this situation so don't hesitate to ask your doctor. He shouldn't have a problem getting you some after you tell him the situation.
Old 12-17-04, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ketamine
I would start with a beer or a glass of wine (but that is just what I would do). Obviously don't drink too much. If you have time, call your doctor and ask for a beta-blocker. A lot of people take them for "stage fright" b/c it will slow your heart and tends to help people through the situation. It is very common to take them for this situation so don't hesitate to ask your doctor. He shouldn't have a problem getting you some after you tell him the situation.
beta blockers, huh... i'll look into that. thank you.
Old 12-17-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cygnet74
beta blockers, huh... i'll look into that. thank you.
No problem. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 12-17-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 120 Posts
How did it go?

Our little cygnet74 is all growns up....
Old 12-17-04, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
How did it go?

Our little cygnet74 is all growns up....
it went great. the film was very well received, applause for the duration of the credits. about 300 people showed up, including cheri oteri (from snl) who read about it in LA Weekly, and a cast member from "lost" (not familiar with the show) was there too. the Q&A was not nearly the terrifying experience i was expecting because I felt confident that the audience genuinely enjoyed the picture. further, we got some very interesting questions beyond the typical "what was your budget", "what's next for you" questions. people were asking about themes, what certain things "meant" and offering their own interpretations, it was beautiful. then i went next door to "The Pig & Whistle" bar and got hammered.
Old 12-17-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, it's not YOUR film, it's UNICA's film!

(Nah, just givin' ya a hard time. Well done for you.)