Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone watch 3 on ESPN tonight?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I am by no means a fan of nascar, and only watched it because I was bored at work and it had Barry Pepper in it. I must say it want a bad little flick, especialy compared to the previous movies made for ESPN. I thought Pepper did a wonderful job transforming into Earnhardt and he turned in a great performance, which backs up my idea that he is one of the most underused Actors in hollywood. I really think he has the chops to play bigger roles, but looks like he never gets a chance, hopefully someone will see this and change their minds.
Old 12-12-04, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Didn't watch it on ESPN, but got a screener of the DVD and watched it the other night (my review is now up on DVD TALK). I thought it was a great film, and certainly the best we've seen from ESPN.

I think Berry Pepper lost some "points" as a leading man in Hollywood when he starred in BATTLEFIELD EARTH. But with his perfomances in "3" and "61*" he may have enough stock now to get those Hollywood parts again. If not, he certainly seems to have a lock on starring in made-for-TV sports movies with numbers for titles.
Old 12-12-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you seen "The Snow Walker", Shannon?

Anyways, after spending back to back 9 hour days of hardcore cleaning a new store getting ready to open in town (Super Food City), I couldn't watch more than about an hour of "3". Then I passed out, heh. From what I saw, I thought it moved to quickly from timeline to timeline. I guess if it wasn't a tv movie, it could've been done in a better way, but I'll reserve comment until I see it in full. ESPN replays those little movies 20 times a day.
Old 12-12-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
Yeah, there were parts that were passed by too quickly, but i guess that's to be expected with a tv movie. I also thought Jonah Jameson did a pretty good job. Speaking of 61 would that be a good blind buy? I never got around to watching it.
Old 12-12-04, 10:58 AM

61 is most defintely a good blind buy. It's one of the better baseball movies I've ever seen. Thomas Jane as "The Mick" did an incredible job, heck even Anthony Michael Hall as Whitey Ford did a nice job as well. Barry Pepper did a fantastic job as Roger Maris with his mood swings, and dealing with the stress of chasing the Babe. It's a good movie and it's cheap.
Old 12-12-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
61 is most defintely a good blind buy. It's one of the better baseball movies I've ever seen. Thomas Jane as "The Mick" did an incredible job, heck even Anthony Michael Hall as Whitey Ford did a nice job as well. Barry Pepper did a fantastic job as Roger Maris with his mood swings, and dealing with the stress of chasing the Babe. It's a good movie and it's cheap.
Agreed I had purchased it on a blind buy and was pleased.