Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Historical Accuracy in Alexander? bisexuality

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Historical Accuracy in Alexander? bisexuality

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I'm accused of making personal attacks? HUH! I guess it only applies people who are just 'members'. Long termers are allowed to say anything they like, I guess.
Old 11-24-04, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am surprised no one has mentioed yet about the whole "common knowledge" of Alexander being gay. It's wrong! One of the shocking things Alexander did in his life was out of the blue marry a hot broad. There are a million different theoris and possibilities, but there is certainly no definite "alexander was gay" consensus.

Originally posted by Fartface
Spoken like a true redneck! Gay friends? I seriously doubt it, if you don't want to know anything about their love lives. When was the last time you told a 'straight' friend you didn't want to hear about his girlfriend.
You must not have any 'straight' friends. I tell those idiots all the time to shut up about their girlfriends!!
Old 11-24-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So yes, the "greatest General in history" took it in the poop chute. If you got a problem with this please skip Alexander so those of us who dont give a shit can watch the movie without the snickering and laughs in the theatre.
Yikes, so he was a bottom as opposed to a top?

I had read an interview with Jared Leto and he said they dont really have any scenes having sex but they infer it. This is Hollywood after all.

When did you ever see a Hollyweed film that dealt with a male/male relationship honestly. I've never seen one. Hell, I've never seen a film in English that deals honestly with male homesexuality. Of course, female homosexuality is OK. Everyone loves those hot lesbian love scenes, right? BARF!!!
Even the recent movie, "Home at the end of the world", didnt really portray the gay love between the two characters and even though it touched on it, it was shown in Indie movies only so most of the public didn't even see it.

Last edited by riley_dude; 11-24-04 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Verbal Gorilla

You must not have any 'straight' friends. I tell those idiots all the time to shut up about their girlfriends!!
And you call them your friends? Oh my! Well, then, yes, thank goodness I have no 'straight' friends like you!

But then, people who say things like that, well, 98% of the time it's because they are gay themselves and don't know how to deal with it.

Last edited by Fartface; 11-24-04 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But then, people who say things like that, well, 98% of the time it's because they are gay themselves and don't know how to deal with it.

If you are overly and unjustly judgemental of gay people, you usually have issues. I've been there.
Old 11-24-04, 04:05 PM
Mod Emeritus

There's way too much off topic content and several borderline personal attacks here, so I'm closing this thread.