Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

lord of the rings MOST OVERRATED MOVIES EVER

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 07:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean i dont understand wat all the hype is about. the movies are to long and boring. plus the story is just plain rediculous it makes no sense. oh lets go after the ring. a bunch of guys in horses chasing the ring. hobbits and monsters and all this other stuff. its ridiculous.

i have to say thought that the acting isnt all that bad. and the directing cinematography or wat have you is great too. but the movie it self is just stupid.
Old 08-19-04, 07:39 PM

hmmm....sounds like a Troll post...
Old 08-19-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get banned on your first day.
Old 08-19-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Shouldn't this stunning review be in the Movie Forum?

Andrew
Old 08-19-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What does this has to do with dvds?
Old 08-19-04, 07:43 PM
Banned

please its just my opinion.

if you dont agree that alright. but please explain to me though wat is so special about the movies
Old 08-19-04, 07:43 PM

Might want to take it over to the Movie section..
Old 08-19-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 08-19-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

more like . . .the most worstest thread ever
Old 08-19-04, 07:49 PM

Old 08-19-04, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This seems like a pretty silly thing to say about a trilogy that takes up almost 10% of your entire DVD collection.
Old 08-19-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bet $100 your favorite video game is Vice City.
Old 08-19-04, 08:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Weclome to DVDtalk lb999

You should take some time to look around a bit though and figure out which forums are for which posts. The main forum is for sharing info on DVDs (both current and upcoming). If the post is more about the movie itself it really belongs in the Movie Talk forum (which I'm moving this post too). While everyone is encouraged to have opinions please rememeber everyone else has opinons too, getting into shouting matches over what movies are over or under rated usually don't go over to well.

Speaking of which for everyone else, it's not really right to pick on the n00bs. Remember we all one at some point
Old 08-19-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by nemein
Weclome to DVDtalk lb999

You should take some time to look around a bit though and figure out which forums are for which posts. The main forum is for sharing info on DVDs (both current and upcoming). If the post is more about the movie itself it really belongs in the Movie Talk forum (which I'm moving this post too). While everyone is encouraged to have opinions please rememeber everyone else has opinons too, getting into shouting matches over what movies are over or under rated usually don't go over to well.

Speaking of which for everyone else, it's not really right to pick on the n00bs. Remember we all one at some point
And some still are
Old 08-19-04, 08:06 PM
Suspended

While I happen to agree with him 100% - MAN, that is so not the way to go about it on your first day.
Old 08-19-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by nemein

Spunds like this guy is just trying to start trouble though. In another post, he lists the LOTR films as one of the top 5 greatest trilogies, then starts this post saying how ridiculous the films are.
Old 08-19-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Living Dead
Spunds like this guy is just trying to start trouble though. In another post, he lists the LOTR films as one of the top 5 greatest trilogies, then starts this post saying how ridiculous the films are.
Agreed completely. I'm predictig a good banning or suspension within 48 hours.
Old 08-19-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
plus the story is just plain rediculous it makes no sense. oh lets go after the ring. a bunch of guys in horses chasing the ring. hobbits and monsters and all this other stuff. its ridiculous.

Yeah, and I hear that it's based on some big, stoopid old boring book!! Yuck!
Old 08-19-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Don't you have ALL THREE movies in your dvd collection?
Old 08-19-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by lb999
please its just my opinion.

if you dont agree that alright. but please explain to me though wat is so special about the movies
shut up. the moment you jump on your soap box and start procliaming that it is overrated you deserve to get flamed.

Five bucks says you don't last a month her simply because your noob ass can't stop pressing "Post Thread" for everything you feel needs to be said even though it's something beyond moronic to say

Speaking of which for everyone else, it's not really right to pick on the n00bs.
No, it's not. I give them a lot of leway and try to teach them how to survive in this jungle. But some just need to be weeded out darwin style. Especially one who is doing things just to be a troll.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 08-19-04 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-19-04, 08:34 PM

Old 08-19-04, 08:42 PM

Re: lord of the rings MOST OVERRATED MOVIES EVER

i mean i dont understand wat all the hype is about. the movies are to long and boring. plus the story is just plain rediculous it makes no sense. oh lets go after the ring. a bunch of guys in horses chasing the ring. hobbits and monsters and all this other stuff. its ridiculous.

i have to say thought that the acting isnt all that bad. and the directing cinematography or wat have you is great too. but the movie it self is just stupid.
I understand what all the hype is about. The movie is the perfect length but could be even longer, plus its exciting. The story isn't ridiculous and does have huge plot holes. Oh, lets go after the ring! A bunch of men on horse back chasing the ring. The movie has hobbits and monsters and much more stuff. Its great!

I have to say though, that the acting is supurb as well. The directing and cinematography, etc is great aswell. I recommend these movies to all my friends.

Thanks for your time.
Old 08-19-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
brizz no matter how many times I see that pic, I always die laughing when I see it. I've died like 12,003 times now.
Old 08-19-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: lord of the rings MOST OVERRATED MOVIES EVER

plus the story is just plain rediculous it makes no sense. oh lets go after the ring. a bunch of guys in horses chasing the ring. hobbits and monsters and all this other stuff. its ridiculous.
thats my favorite part of this whole rant

oh my god a movie that isn't realistic!! perish the thought!! I mean, my god a movie thats seems more made up than real how can this be??? Middle Earth what is that? Why isn't this movie in Twin Falls, Idaho? Next thing you know this guy is going to tell me The Terminator makes no sense. After all these years of believing it was real time fact. No, No, No, you can't take that from me!
Old 08-19-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't believe you spelled 'what' wrong but somehow managed to correctly spell cinematography. Oh and you shouldn't own movies you don't like.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.