Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help me with a movie quote

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-03-04, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a fragment of a movie quote bouncing around in my head. Please help make the bouncing stop.

It's something like this:

I remember once I was on a boat/pier, and I saw a woman [in a white hat]. I saw her for only a moment, but I don't think more than a week has gone by in all these years that I haven't thought of her.

Obviously, that's fragmented. Anyway, I think it's something Doc Graham says in Field Of Dreams, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-03-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Citizen Kane?

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl."
Old 08-03-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think quite a few movies pay homage/rip off Citizen Kane by using this, but I swear I just saw a new one a few weeks ago. I remember because it reminded me of Stan Lee's speech in Mallrats. Hrmm..
Old 08-03-04, 11:37 PM

Thank you, RyoHazuki!!

That is exactly it.