Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jeremiah Johnson question (spoiler)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,359 Likes on 913 Posts

What did he see at the Crow burial ground to make him rush to his cabin where he found the Indian girl and the boy dead?
Old 07-29-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts
A warning.
Old 07-29-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by B.A.
A warning.
Ok but what was it? He saw something on the remains of one of the bodies and took off like a madman.
Old 07-29-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My impression was that he just got "a feeling." Was there actually something there?
Old 07-29-04, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by eXcentris
Ok but what was it? He saw something on the remains of one of the bodies and took off like a madman.
I was being vague on purpose. I can't remember what it is he sees exaclty. Like silentbob said - I think he just had a gut feeling about it and took off.
Old 07-29-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, this was bothering me so I looked at that scene again. Just before he takes off from the burial ground you see the remains of a body with a necklace made with blue beads. The blue beads really stand out so I thought hmmm maybe the blue beads triggered some memory. So I did some searching on the web and found this from a user's comments on imdb:

Both when Johnson on his return first enters the burial ground and then when he realizes the implications of what he sees, the close-ups of his face very briefly (for only a few frames) each time show a very rich blue reflected in his eyes (use the single frame feature of your VHS or disc player to see this clearly). It is the blue beadwork and blue tassels freshly added to the graves that he sees - the same ones worn by Swan on her stirrups and on her backpack when leaving the Flathead village. When he reaches his cabin, a split second shot shows that her blue-decorated backpack has been dumped on the ground.
Sounds good to me.