Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Film Discussion: The Passion of Joan Of Arc

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After receiving this from one of my huge Criterion orders from DDD I decided to give it a spin. I went through the special features section to learn a little backstory before putting it on. I then finally chose to watch it with the Voices of Light soundtrack. Wow, I was blown away by it. I know its a silent film, but I never thought a movie made over 75 years ago could still have a profound effect on an avid filmgoer like myself. I was deeply moved by it. It was definately an "experience" watching it. It is the definition of an art film. I wholeheartedly recommend everyone watch it at least once.
Old 06-30-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I discovered this gem about 3 months and raved on and on about it. Definitely one of my top 5 movies. There is a thread in the Review section that I ressurected at that time that already has some discussion about this one although this one althought it isn't in any great depth.

Thread

Last edited by chente; 06-30-04 at 06:46 PM.