Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

You Got Served ... AGAIN!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

You Got Served ... AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-04, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sickening. Truly sickening.
Old 06-10-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
make sure you add that "I never had a father in the first one, so maybe he can come back in the second" part of it. that should be a tear jerker.
I think you need to start with his dad never thinking he does anything right. He does not think he is anything good at all of course in spite of his great dance win last movie.

You then of course have him win his dad over during the big dance final. When his dad comes up to him after that and tells him he loves his dancing son tears will start flowing.

Of course then someone will have to pull out a gun and kill the father so that we can have a

Still Serving 3!!!
Old 06-10-04, 01:21 PM

This mentioning of a separated-father-son-come-back-together tear jerker bit reminds me of the similar bit used in Drumline.
Old 06-10-04, 01:39 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"You wanna talk about served, boy? Well I just served fifteen years. All I was trying to do was put food on our table, feed you and your mama. I made a mistake, I admit that."

"Moms said you just walked out on us, she didn't say nothin' 'bout prison."

"Well, in a way I did walk out on you. The minute I decided to rob that convenience store. It's a decision I regret every damn day of my life."

"Yo, this is too much to handle right now... I'm out."

"Son, now wait a minute..."

"No, wait your damn self. I got a video shoot I gotta be at. You best be gone when I get back."
Old 06-10-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 06-10-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Old 06-10-04, 09:32 PM

Are the old british people still around?

Are you being served.
Old 06-10-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll go see it if they can get Ozone to play the long lost dad. Then it will be ON!!

Old 06-11-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In all seriousness. Has anyone here actually seen the first one? Is it any good at all? I admit, I've got a little interest in seeing it. But only, and I really mean only, because Meagan Good (the smokin' hot chick from Biker Boyz) is in it. I'm holding out for tv though. Can't bring myself to rent it.

And I've sat through almost all of the 80's break dance movies. Some horribly good, and some horribly horrible.

So is You Got Served horribly good or horribly horrible?
Old 06-11-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Amel
In all seriousness. Has anyone here actually seen the first one? Is it any good at all? I admit, I've got a little interest in seeing it. But only, and I really mean only, because Meagan Good (the smokin' hot chick from Biker Boyz) is in it. I'm holding out for tv though. Can't bring myself to rent it.

And I've sat through almost all of the 80's break dance movies. Some horribly good, and some horribly horrible.

So is You Got Served horribly good or horribly horrible?
Actually I thought it wasn't awful but it wasn't good either if you can catch on cable or trick someone into renting it for you I say watch it. The story is laughable but I have to be honest the dancing was incredible, especially the end competition. A sequel is about as necessary as a sequel to Titanic.

P.S Meagen good doesn't get very much screen time so I would see it for that. The other lead chick is pretty cute though.
Old 06-12-04, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd rather be tied to a chair and forced to watch the complete series of Walker Texas Ranger than watch a sequel of You Got Served.

You Got Served 2: Now Ya Gettin F'd in da A

This is proof that there is no god