Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Phanom Yeerum's (the "Ong Bak" guy) next movie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the imdb message boards earlier today and found this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368909/board/nest/7790867

a little bit of info on his next movie, it could be bogus, but I don't speak or read thai so who knows, anyway here's the post if you are too lazy to click on the link:

Hi there folks
I'm Thai, so, please forgive my English language.
I don't know if you guys want to know about his new movie, but I am going to post it anyway.
First, I would like to tell you that this information is translated by myself from the Thai entertainment news from this website:
http://www.entertainment.mweb.co.th/...ews_09704.html

The translation is below:

Tom Yum Goong

The new additional Muay thai styles will include in this movie. It's Jaa's idea to invent some innovative Muay Thai movements

Panom Yeerum (Jaa) will design those new muay thai syles.
When he was asked about his new movie, Jaa said, " I enjoy playing this movie, I have to invent some innovative fighting styles more than Ong Bak, because Ong Bak was successful and people have a high expectation for this new movie.
Therefore, this new movie will prove our efforts and we are all know that many people are watching us making progress.
This movie will have some non-Thai actors and actress, which include Chinese and Australians.
This movie will be using the top-notch Muay Thai style, I feel that in Ong Bak I have not yet put my entire effort into it. (Damn! Ong Bak was not your full-scale effort yet?) I really want this movie to represent my real ability, there will be a fighting scene on the top of the skyscraper and we will use the wide-angle camera to catch the beautiful background of Australia during the fighting. The movie will include other martial art styles from other actors including judo and karate.
Jaa said “the new Muay Thai styles in this movie was designed by myself called “Muay Panom” with the consult of some Muay Thai masters whether the motions, movements are fit and graceful.
Muay Panom, in addition to Muay Thai, it comprises of “throw”, “catch and break” (the bone, yeah!). It is dangerous, but it has a graceful movement as well, and it took 1 year to design this.

When we asked him about how it feels to be called “ the second Jackie Chan”, Jaa said “ I am glad, because Jackie’s movies influences me to practice martial arts, but I don't dare to compare myself with him, this is just only my first step, but Jackie he is great and can be called a master in martial arts genre.
I can't wait to see the skyscraper fight, I can picture it now, elbow to the skull... cut to cgi guy falling off the skyscraper
Old 04-23-04, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
This thread would do better in International, but whatever... I think this guy is amazing and I'll watch his next movie.
Old 04-23-04, 01:41 AM

there's an international forum? welcome to the forum me

Last edited by ArchibaldTuttle; 04-23-04 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-11-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks cool:
http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com/imag...iler-large.mov
Old 04-17-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just watched Tom Yum Goong. One word...

SPECTACULAR.

Going in, you know what to expect from a Tony Jaa movie...lots of kicks, some awesome stunts, and many, many broken bones. This one doesn't disappoint.

The fight scene at the end blew me away. I watched in amazement. There's also a fight scene where Tony beats down maybe 60-70 bad guys in a three story building, fighting on every level, and the scene is uncut the whole time...must be 5, 6 minutes without a cut. Amazing.

Get your hands on a copy of this now. Theatrically here in the states it'll be hitting in December...but find a way to watch it.

= J
Old 04-18-06, 04:00 AM
Banned

yeah i saw this a few months ago. the capoeria fight scene was fantastic and easily the best fight of all. i wish it would've went a bit longer. his movements were so graceful. it was sick the control he had over his body and how fluid, graceful yet lethal is style and attacks were. i was in awe watching that one.
Old 04-18-06, 07:29 AM

Just watched this flick last week, after a lot of anticipation. Great movie. Tom Yum Goong has more focus on figthing than Ong Bak. There is alot of bone-breaking, and some very creative fight choreography.

The Korean disc is available on-line. It has a decent transfer, and the audipo has some pretty deep bass. It's the only legit dvd with english subs. Only downside is that it retails for 28 bucks on most sites.
Old 04-19-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want to pick up the korean release but yesasia doesn't have it any longer and those that do are charging a little too much.