Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dungeons & Dragons 2 (or is that D&D second edition?)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dungeons & Dragons 2 (or is that D&D second edition?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still play...started in high school back in 93 and am getting back into it after a three year hiatus. Go to www.wizards.com/dnd if you want more info on the current game. They also have a huge set of forums there.
Old 04-18-04, 03:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
[WetHotAmericanSummer]No self-respecting D&D player goes anywhere with his...20-sided die![/WetHotAmericanSummer]
Old 11-05-04, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dungeons and Dragons - reboot

I cannot believe they are making these sequels. Who could possibly want to see them??

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/563/563127p1.html

A Third Dungeons & Dragons?
Fantasy flop gets a second sequel.

November 03, 2004 - Who knew, after the lackluster performance of the original Dungeons & Dragons movie, that it'd spawn two sequels? The second film in the franchise, Dungeons & Dragons 2: The Elemental Might, has recently wrapped production. Now, according to today's Variety, a third film is in the works at Zinc Entertainment, a division of Joel Silver's Silver Pictures. There are no further details available at this time, but just the news that there will be another sequel is shocking enough.

As for the second film... Most of the thesps from the first film chose not to return, but stars Bruce Payne and Mark Dymond are reprising their roles. Clemency Burton-Hill and Steven Elder are also attached to star for director Gerry Lively.

Despite rumors that it would go the direct-to-video route, the trade confirms that Dungeons & Dragons 2: The Elemental Might will be released theatrically next year before heading to the home video market.

-- Brian Linder
Old 11-05-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With no star power, I'm sure they are hoping that the LOTR folks will watch it. Lets see how that goes. Can't say this is gonna be good.
Old 11-05-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
probably won't be that good. the first one while far from great, wasn't horrible either
Old 11-06-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

the third will be a wayans brothers feature, woo hoo!
Old 11-06-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since LOTR made money, of course there will be more LOTR-like movies. What is closer than D&D?

They should start them movie in some fat guy's parent's basement with him and his other nerdy friends sitting around a table. They are playing D&D. It then fades into the D&D movie. So basically the whole movie is just the game the geeks are playing.
Old 11-08-04, 02:14 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first one was great. Not, mind you, in that Citizen Kane/Casablanca kind of way, but in that Red Dawn/Invasion USA kind of way where it was so bad it was good. It was a fun little brain dead cheesy romp, served up with a huge slice of ham - and all my friends had a blast.

If theyre as good as part 1, count me in for 2 and 3.
Old 11-08-04, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Umm........ is this a joke?
Old 11-08-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know almost nothing about the FRP game of DnD, but I surely wouldn't mind seeing a live-action version of the 80s cartoon.
Now that would most definitely rule all.
Old 11-08-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Instead of comic moments and an overall lighthearted theme. THe next D&D movie should be a cross between Conan the Barbarian and, well, Conan the Barbarian.
Old 11-08-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by covenant
Instead of comic moments and an overall lighthearted theme. THe next D&D movie should be a cross between Conan the Barbarian and, well, Conan the Barbarian.
You said it. What happened to the good old days when a Sword & Sorcery flick meant you were almost guaranteed to get plenty of wanton violence, nekkid babes, and hulking he-men? If these movies are just going to be stinky piles of crap anyway, the least they could do is give us a little of that.
Old 11-08-04, 11:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I remember that before the first LOTR movie came out, several people on this forum were predicting that it would bomb based on the box office take of Dungeons and Dragons.

Old 11-08-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Atleast the sequels cant be as bad as the first one.
Old 11-09-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked the movie, it was fun.
Old 11-09-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OH GOD

Why oh why? Dear Industry: don't smear the geeky, nerdy name of D&D anymore with this brainless crap. Geeky and nerdy is better than this kind of sucky movie. You're going to ruin the few good D&D videogames , etc that are still produced.
Old 11-09-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts
The first movie was extremely cheesy but in a fun sort of way. I iwsh more of the original cast was returning but if the end result is as fun as the first, I'm up for the sequels.

Although I would really like the Conan The Barbarian meets Conan The Barbarian approach covenant suggested.
Old 11-10-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by El-Kabong
The first one was great. Not, mind you, in that Citizen Kane/Casablanca kind of way, but in that Red Dawn/Invasion USA kind of way where it was so bad it was good. It was a fun little brain dead cheesy romp, served up with a huge slice of ham - and all my friends had a blast.

If theyre as good as part 1, count me in for 2 and 3.
^^^ What he said.