Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Oscar surprises?

Old 02-23-04, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oscar surprises?

What will be this year's Oscar surprises? Will they come in the form of streakers, bad language, or political statements? Or will it be unexpected winners, shocking acceptance speeches, or something else altogether?

Thoughts?
Old 02-23-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm hoping the surprise will be that the show is actually good and not way too long. But...one can only dream.
Old 02-23-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Oscar surprises?

Originally posted by Jazzy_75
What will be this year's Oscar surprises? Will they come in the form of streakers, bad language, or political statements? Or will it be unexpected winners, shocking acceptance speeches, or something else altogether?

Thoughts?
Can we really consider "political statements" to be a surprise any more?
Old 02-23-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Judging by the SAGs, Johnny Depp may actually win the Oscar. Also, I'm hoping for a Shoreh Agowhateverhernameis to upset Renee in Supporting Actress.
Old 02-23-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be a nice surprise if the winners were announced via PowerPoint presentation during the commercial of whatever show was supposed to be on.
Old 02-24-04, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I have some hope for depp, but my money is still on murray taking it home.
Old 02-24-04, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think if Penn loses to Murray, it will be a minor - but not huge - shock. I don't think Depp will win.

I think the bigger shock will be the likelyhood that ROTK might lose out to Mystic River or Master & Commander...but given that ROTK won the SAG award over Mystic River (Mystic River had far better acting than ROTK), I think ROTK is closer to a "lock" now than it was a few weeks ago.

I think there's a chance Charlese Theron could lose to Diane Keaton...a small chance, but a chance nevertheless.