Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

golden globes MOVIE discussion thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: who will win best picture for both catagories
bend it like beckham
1.75%
big fish
10.53%
finding nemo
12.28%
lost in translation
54.39%
love actually
1.75%
cold mountain
10.53%
lord of the rings: the return of the king
70.18%
master and commander: the far side of the world
1.75%
mystic river
12.28%
seabiscuit
5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

golden globes MOVIE discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-04, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One final plea, does anyone have the ability to make an MP3 of the ridiculous Outkast opening? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-26-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was more drooling over Sophia up there. Godfather 3 does not exist, godfather 3 does not exist.
Old 01-26-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, did they really have to spoil the endings for both rotk (at least one of the 4 or 5 endings) and the ending of falling down
Old 01-26-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I was more drooling over Sophia up there. Godfather 3 does not exist, godfather 3 does not exist.
She looked better, I'll give you that. But there was far hotter than her at that show. She looked very nervous and self-conscious throughout the whole show. But still, she looked better.

Brittany Murphy just bugs me. She looked like a bumbling idiot when she announced Al Pacino as the winner for whatever award. Al didn't even give her the time of day when he got up there. Funny stuff.
Old 01-26-04, 11:55 AM

Gotta give it up for Mary-Louise Parker's boobies! Damn!
Old 01-26-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by randy1320
Amen to that. Amen.
Old 01-26-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Well, had you endured...err...watched "Angels in America", you would have seen more than her boobies
Old 01-26-04, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by Daytripper
Well, had you endured...err...watched "Angels in America"
Exactly! I thought "Angels in America" was extremely over-praised. I found it almost unwatchable and over-bloated. I definitely do not understand what the fuss is about. It was a real endurance test to just make it through. It seems like anything that has gay peole in it is a shoo-in for an award: "Angels in America," "Six Feet Under," "Will and Grace."

And what the hell was up with Meryl Streep making those condescending, obnoxious remarks about the State of the Union? She said something like, "And I really don't think the two most important things in America right now are two people loving each other till death getting married...and steroid in sports."

Well, who said they were? I believe President Bush got to those two items after about 40 minutes of much more pressing issues such as terrorism and the economy.

I just knew we couldn't get through yet another Hollywood awards show without some ill-informed, self-righteous Liberal actor spouting off about something. You'd think they'd learn after the bad reactions all those idiots from last year's Oscars got.
Old 01-26-04, 09:13 PM

I thought the show was pretty good, no surprises but that was ok since they made all good choices for the film awards.

I was just excited to see these two be awarded TLOTR win for best picture and Charlize Theron win for best actress.

Bill Murray's speech was also funny, witty, smart and he deserved the award.

Renee Zellweger actually looked quite good and deserved the award. Since I'm on the subject of actresses looking beautiful I have to say Scarlett Johansson and Christina Ricci also were looking mighty fine as well.

Clint Eastwood accepting for Sean Penn was also funny and kind of poignant, even though I was leaning towards Ben Kingsley, but he's had like no buzz or even the underrated House of Sand and Fog for that matter... but anyway Penn did deliver two fantasic pieces of acting in Mystic River and 21 Grams so once again another good choice.
Old 01-26-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMEN!!!

Lost In Translation and Angels In America cleaned up.
Old 01-27-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics? Seriously! what's a good site for golden globe pics, or better yet, clips?

And Tarnower, whatever.....the indignation you and others illustrate over an one sentence opinion is far more "self-righteous" than anything she said...I mean come on, can you really argue with her point? What you really mean is that anyone who is "Liberal" is an idiot who should keep their mouths shut.....thanks, but I'll keep a free country where people can say what they want.....
Old 01-27-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by brizz
And Tarnower, whatever.....the indignation you and others illustrate over an one sentence opinion is far more "self-righteous" than anything she said...I mean come on, can you really argue with her point? What you really mean is that anyone who is "Liberal" is an idiot who should keep their mouths shut.....thanks, but I'll keep a free country where people can say what they want.....
What I think he means (or at least how I took it) is that it was not the appropriate forum for comments like that. The evening was one that focused on achievements in film and the "speech time" afterwards is intended for thanks, appreciation, comments, etc. regarding the movie, award, cast and crew, and other related topics, not political commentary.

Whether or not the comments are liberal or conservative, it is inappropriate. She was taking advantage of her fame and the time allocated to her by the awards committee for a personal agenda. If she, or anyone else, has things that they want to say to the American public, they can do it on their own time and on their own dime . . . she certainly can afford it.
Old 01-27-04, 05:59 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, considering Angels in America is highly political and specifically focused on same-sex relationships, maybe she felt it was related?
Old 01-27-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by brizz
Pics? Seriously! what's a good site for golden globe pics, or better yet, clips?

as requested