Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kevin Costners next western

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-12-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the associated press:

LOS ANGELES - Kevin Costner (news) rides again! The actor-director who made the Oscar-winning "Dances With Wolves" and last year's "Open Range" plans to make another Western titled "Horizon," which he would also star in, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.

Details of the plot were not released, and it was not clear whether "Horizon" would be Costner's next project.

The "Bull Durham" actor has had a string of poorly received films, including "Dragonfly" and "3000 Miles to Graceland," with the modestly successful "Open Range" one of the few bright spots.

Costner has generally had good luck with Westerns. "Dances With Wolves" which he directed, produced and starred in, won seven Academy Awards (news - web sites) in 1991, including best picture and best director. He also acted in "Wyatt Earp" in 1994 and "Silverado" in 1985.
Old 01-13-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Loved Open Range. Will be in line for Horizon

Jason
Old 01-13-04, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just glad to see a western being made, I'll take Costner (wish it was Eastwood, but beggers can't be choosers).
Old 01-13-04, 03:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news. I really enjoyed Open Range, the gunfight in it was one of the best and most realistic gunfights I've seen on film.
Old 01-13-04, 11:58 AM

Kevin Costner's acting and directing abilites are really underrated by both the press and the public...I always look forward to his films, even though I haven't cared for all of them.
At least he doesn't seem to be in it for the money or the fame...he's NEVER done a sequel to any of his films, and he's never sold out just to get a paycheck.