Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Transporter 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-05, 08:49 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What an awesome action movie!

You goto movies to be entertained right ?

This movie entertained me

The action was over the top but very cool

Jason Statham is light years ahead of Vin Diesel
Old 09-17-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Went to see this tonight before my free tickets expired...it was freaking great fun. Crazy action like i expected. I will definitely buy on dvd!!!! Hopefully we get an extended cut.
Old 09-17-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed it. Sure it was over the top in places, but somehow Jason Statham just made it really work for me. It was pure fun from start to finish.

Last edited by onebyone; 09-17-05 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-23-05, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by onebyone
I enjoyed it. Sure it was over the top in places, but somehow Jason Statham just made it really work for me. It was pure fun from start to finish.
I agree. Statham and the fight scenes were great. This is the sort of action hero that we need. The scene with the car and the bomb looked dumb, but most of the other stuff was really fun. Great popcorn movie. And they didn't have the crap soundtrack that was the worst part of the original. My only complaint was that they kind of ruined the character of the French policeman.

Oh, and no Shu Qi.
Old 10-16-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Saw it today and enjoyed it. Yes, some of the action was so over the top it took allot to suspend your belief. You really need to leave your brain and all common sense at the door when you walk in. It was well worth the $1 theater entry price.

By the way, not to hijack the thread but my pet peave about bringing little kids to a PG13 action film has to be raised. Parents brought in their 8? year old. Why? There was carnage, nippleage and 6 PG movies playing in the same theater.
Old 04-14-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally got a chance to see this. I had lent the DVD to my parents and forgotten about it until recently; at that point I had already picked this movie as one of my five free Blu-rays to get.

I only saw to the halfway point, so there's another 45 minutes I will probably see tonight.

The movie is completely ridiculous and over-the-top. But it's enjoyable, so far at least. It's not a perfect example of mindless action, but so far I liked it more than Shoot Em Up.
Old 07-16-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Just rented this from Netflix, Blu-Ray. And while the picture is great, the movie is absolutely terrible. Makes the first look like "Leon". I can only hope the third film is no where as bad as this. Poor Jason Statham. He deserves so much better than this. Like "The Bank Job". Jason, get a new agent. I'd give the first "Transporter" a 6/10. The sequel, 2/10.