Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Props for sale/auction?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Props for sale/auction?

Old 01-12-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Props for sale/auction?

Has anyone heard anything about PJ or New Line (or anyone!) auctioning off props for charity or anything? I know that sometimes they do that with movies. There are a couple of things from the movie that might be fun to have in a collection . . . in particular I've got my eye on the helmet of the Witch King.
Old 01-12-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

considering what replicas and figurines of LOTR stuff are going for on ebay, you'd better have really good line of credit.

Old 01-12-04, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus, I heard lots of props were put into storage in the hope that they could be reused in some way for the potential "The Hobbit" picture.
Old 01-12-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yeah, your best bet is to get replica's. they are really coming out with a ton of them, but be warned of crappy replica's that aren't offcial. they are made with crappier metals and really, suck.

I myself am looking at getting anduril..

Most of the swords, helmets, daggers, etc. will set you back ranging 300-500 remember to get legit pieces.
Old 01-12-04, 08:42 PM

Stick with the official United Cutlery stuff and you should be fine.
Old 01-12-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
words to live by chuck, words to live by.
Old 01-13-04, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

Most of the swords, helmets, daggers, etc. will set you back ranging 300-500 remember to get legit pieces.
You can pre-order the non-limited Anduril for as low as $189 right now. Of course, if you have your heart set on one of the limited edition ones, then you'll be lucky to get it for $500, thanks to your friendly neighborhood (fouler-than-orc-breath) eBay scalpers.
Old 01-13-04, 11:14 AM
Suspended

check out www.museumreplicas.com they sell licensed LOTR replica swords and stuff
Old 01-13-04, 12:10 PM
Banned

If there is an auction, I want the ring. If I get it, I will be known as The Lord of the Ring.
Old 01-13-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, your best bet is to get replica's. they are really coming out with a ton of them, but be warned of crappy replica's that aren't offcial. they are made with crappier metals and really, suck.

I think I like the Narsil sword a little better. The plaque is just more pleasing to my eye...plus it's slightly cheaper and much more readily available. It's pretty subjective though. Here are a few pics. Decide for yourself...

Anduril by United Cutlery

Narsil by United Cutlery

I ordered mine here for $183 shipped:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shopping...1/uc-1267.html

This vendor on ebay has them for slightly more, but he has great feedback:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/merlinsca...l?col=2&dir=-1
Old 01-13-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There's something about a sword inscribed with Elven writting that pushes me to get Anduril. Though I do agree with you that the plaque for narsil is more subtle.
Old 01-13-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

here's a cool thing i just picked up at TRU...picked up two, actually...figured i might want to ebay one of em:

Old 01-14-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's something about a sword inscribed with Elven writting that pushes me to get Anduril. Though I do agree with you that the plaque for narsil is more subtle.
yeah, i can see that. too bad i can't get the anduril sword with the narsil plaque. bottom line for me is that this thing will end up hanging in my living room, and it needs to blend somewhat. the last thing that monstrosity behind anduril would do is "blend in"... i can't put my finger on it, but i just HATE that plaque.

regardless, they're both pretty cool. hope you get one at a reasonable price and enjoy it for many years.
Old 01-14-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chess
yeah, i can see that. too bad i can't get the anduril sword with the narsil plaque.
Well, if the limited edition plaque is too much for you, take a look at the non-limited edition plaque:

Old 01-14-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RoboDad
Well, if the limited edition plaque is too much for you, take a look at the non-limited edition plaque:
i think if my narsil is backordered, i might just have to cancel...

I still like the narsil plaque a bit more, but that definately makes anduril more interesting! better display (both design and proportion) or engraved blade....hmmmm...

Last edited by chess; 01-14-04 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-14-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Besides the wall plaque and there being a limited number of them, what make the limited edition different from the non-limited (unlimited?) edition.
Old 01-14-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by talemyn
Besides the wall plaque and there being a limited number of them, what make the limited edition different from the non-limited (unlimited?) edition.
based on what I have been able to find out, the differences between the limited (LE) and non-limited (NLE) editions are:
  • LE has the more detailed plaque (as already noted) with Gold accents. NLE has simpler plaque with painted decorations.
  • LE has serial number engraved on the blade. No serial number engraved on the NLE.
  • LE comes with second certificate signed by John Howe. No signed certificate with the NLE.
  • LE has gold inlaid in the elvish writing on the handle. NLE does not (I believe the writing is embellished with gold paint on the NLE, but I can't be sure).
Other than these details, the swords are identical in size, weight and construction.
Old 01-14-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

here it is..

http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec%3FUC1381

http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec%3FUC1380 is the limited edition. they run down some of the changes.

Non-limited for me.
Old 01-14-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

sticking with narsil. i like the plaque better, and the more i see the writing on the anduril blade, the less i like it. there's apparently time to cancel either way though as they are all about a week out from delivery.
Old 01-15-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My Narsil shipped! Should be here on Tuesday. Now I just have to figure out where in the hell I'm going to hang a 5 foot sword, which might the most tacky thing imaginable in my very conservative living room...

I'll post some pics when I sort it out if this thread is still active.
Old 01-16-04, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chess
My Narsil shipped! Should be here on Tuesday. Now I just have to figure out where in the hell I'm going to hang a 5 foot sword, which might the most tacky thing imaginable in my very conservative living room...
That's exactly the problem I had when I was considering buying one.
Old 01-16-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, I had the same problem, until I "convinced" my wife that I really needed one wall dedicated as part of my LOTR shrine. I currently have the Shards of Narsil, Sting, and a framed map of Middle-earth (the "3-D" art print version available from most online poster dealers) on display. I will soon be adding Anduril (non-limited), Legolas' Fighting Knives, and Gimli's Axe (the Noble Collection version, since United Cutlery has not yet produced one).

She gets the rest of the house for her treasures. but this wall is mine. It's my precioouussss...
Old 01-21-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

UPS brought my Narsil last night. The box was about 5.5 feet long. I knew how big the sword was by measurement, but it's difficult to comprehend the size of this thing without seeing/holding it. IT'S HUGE.

I'll try to get a picture posted soon.
Old 01-22-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Anyone sell a replica of the Prancing Pony sign?
Old 01-22-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A replica of Sauron would be nice.The one they showed at the beginning of the FOTR battle scene before the he is defeated by Isildur

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.