Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What Does Everyone Think of "Wrong Turn"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the kind of movie that people will hate. Well, at least the people that say The Ring and Signs are incredibly scary (haha!). It's not scary, but it's fun. I jumped a few times in the theater, not from scary scenes but from some loudness and sudden things...which is more than I can say about the other two aforementioned titles. See it if you want to have a good time.

Kind of a mixture of Jeepers Creepers and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is not a bad thing.
Old 01-04-04, 12:04 AM

I am trying to catch up on my movies to watch and I ordered "Wrong Turn" trhough pay-per-video. I thought the movie was alot like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the recent one? What's the difference? Wrong Turn and The Remake version of Texas Chainsaw Masscre had the same thing. Hot Chick in tight tops being chased by freaks. Eliza ran through the whole movie in a white shirt which is similar to what Jessica Beil did in the other one. The movies felt like the same. The ones who got chopped into bits were predictable. Even the opening slasher victims where predictable. The ending of the movie left it open for a possible Sequel. That's all they need to do is make more repeating killers like Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers. I liked the movie and will prob be buying the DVD soon. How is the DVD look with this film? What did you guys think of this movie?
Old 01-04-04, 01:00 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i never saw the movie in the theater but bough the dvd, i though the movie was decent, and had its moments, although it was not scary, the dvd is ok, nothing really great but i just like these types of movies
Old 01-04-04, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I so wanted the laughing guy to die in a painful way.
Old 01-04-04, 04:23 AM
Banned

I really liked Wrong Turn...being a big 70's Horror fan...I thought it was a perfect little simple Slasher movie...great make-up and some great sequences...I love the shot where the one hillbilly cuts the girl with the axe at the mouth in the trees and its a slow reveal shot and you see her body fall...very cool...

Plus...I mean...how can you not like Mutant Imbred Hillbilly killers? I mean...its classic...plus Im from WV and it adds a bit for me...although the film was not shot in WV...they did a good job of recreating it...fooled me...
Old 01-04-04, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved Wrong Turn in theatres and the DVD is great also, interesting commentary but if the director maentions he was trying to make a '70's /'80's type movie any more I thought I was going to rip my hair out.
Old 01-04-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought that the movie was an enjoyable modern horror film. Aside from the plot (stranded teenagers set upon by inbred cannibals) it was too glossy to be reminicent of the 70's classics, but that's ok considering the train wreck that was House of 1000 Corpses. Not a classic by any means, but better than 90 percent of the major studio "horror" being shat out these days.
Old 01-04-04, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thumbs up.

It's a throwback to the many backwoods horror films of the late 70s and early 80s. And for me that is a good thing.

Plus eliza dusku is nice to look at.
Old 01-04-04, 03:48 PM

I really wanted to like it, but didn't at all. There was nothing that surprised me in any sense, or even held my interest. And I was really in the mood for an inbred mutant hillbilly movie, too.
Old 01-04-04, 04:58 PM

Great movie, and a helluva lot better than the offical Texas Chainsaw remake! A pleasant surprise.
Old 01-04-04, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by DealMan
Great movie, and a helluva lot better than the offical Texas Chainsaw remake! A pleasant surprise.
Looks like I'll be cancelling my order of TCM '03. Based on what you said and the fact I thought the movie was arguably the worst horror movie I've seen in a long time. Im also tempted to say that Jason X was a better movie... but then again...
Old 01-04-04, 06:34 PM

Liked the movie. really liked the tree scene.
Old 07-07-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
watched this one a few days ago on dvd via a rental. not half bad. sure it was cheesy, but the gore is great, and there were a couple of good jump scenes. (has anyone mentioned on how hot eliza looks in this movie?)
Old 07-26-04, 09:33 AM

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts
I watched this movie yesterday. I definitely will not be recommending it to anybody, but the scene up in the trees was quite impressive. Other than that though, it was a sub-par gorefest with little imagination.