Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Alien altered scene

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Alien altered scene

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alien altered scene

I've often read about the Lambert death scene that was altered in Alien and was included on the laserdisc, but I can't find it in either the Legacy dvd or the Quadrilogy dvd. If someone has seen the scene and would care to comment on the effectivness of it, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the description on imdb:

"The build-up to Lambert's death is much longer. (Watch the alien's shadow on the wall, it walks in, crouches down, then immediately gets up) A scene where we see the alien enter, crouch down and wait until Lambert notices its presence was cut. When Lambert sees the alien, it uncoils its tail and walks (like a crab) over to Lambert."
Old 01-03-04, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have the quad but this deleated scene is on the old Alien DVD

It was cut because it showed too much of the alien but it's a great scene for that very reason: You get a very good look at the costumed actor and the suit he wore.
Old 01-03-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is it labled on the old dvd. I looked but I couldn't find it anywhere in the deleted scenes section. Maybe I looked over it. Now I really want to see it. Thanks for the input, by the way.
Old 01-03-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok...it was in the Outtake section and not the deleted scenes section - I should've looked there to begin with. The scene was a little too revealing, but lit more darkly it could have been creepy, but I am not one to disagree with a master like Ridley Scott.